RPC Deployment issue

mrfreeze81

May 7, 2009, 1:22:17 PM5/7/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,
I'm using GWT 1.6.4. I'm trying to deploy my war file from the
simple starter program given by GWT itself to my Resin server v2.1.13.
I have not done any changes to the application. Only created a war
file and dropped it into the webapps folder. When I try to use RPC, I
get the following error. What can I do to resolve it?

500 Servlet Exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class
`com.example.server.GreetingServiceImpl'
was not found in classpath.
Classes normally belong in /ExGWT/WEB-INF/classes.
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.instantiateServlet
(Application.java:3198)
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.createServlet(Application.java:
3104)
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.loadServlet(Application.java:
3065)
at com.caucho.server.http.QServletConfig.loadServlet
(QServletConfig.java:435)
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.getFilterChainServlet
(Application.java:2809)
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.buildFilterChain
(Application.java:2765)
at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:313)
at com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service
(CacheInvocation.java:135)
at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest
(RunnerRequest.java:346)
at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection
(RunnerRequest.java:274)
at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Resin 2.1.13 (built Thu Apr 1 10:57:42 PST 2004)

Thanks
Harry

Sumit Chandel

May 11, 2009, 3:30:15 PM5/11/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harry,

You will need to build the starter project in order to generate the server-side GreetingServiceImpl.class files. You can do this by downloading the Apache Ant build tool and running "ant" from the command-line while in the starter project directory.

The ant build command will read the build.xml file located in the project directory and proceed to build your GWT project while cross-compiling the starter GWT code to .js and .html files, compiling the server-side classes to .class files, and copying these resources to the appropriate directories in the war output folder.

For more on the Ant build tool:

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel

Magius

May 12, 2009, 5:42:02 AM5/12/09
to Google Web Toolkit
If you are using Eclipse, you can setup '<projectName>/war/WEB-INF/
classes' as the default output folder
and the class files are compiled and placed in this folder
automatically.
'ant' is the best way but with Eclipse is fastest to test it