ERROR: URI has an authority component

SamC

May 18, 2009, 6:49:40 PM5/18/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I've just setup my environment (AppEngine using Java) using the Google
Plugin for Eclipse to create the sample StockWatch application (per
the following guide: http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/tutorials/1.6/create.html)

When I try to Run/Debug my Project as a Web Application, I get an "URI
has an authority component error", see exception stack below:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad
(ModuleDefLoader.java:212)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader$1.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:
155)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule
(ModuleDefLoader.java:269)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath
(ModuleDefLoader.java:127)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.loadModule(HostedModeBase.java:
536)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.loadModule(HostedMode.java:426)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.doStartup(HostedMode.java:351)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.startUp(HostedModeBase.java:585)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.run(HostedModeBase.java:397)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.main(HostedMode.java:232)

I have simplified to create a new Google Web Application and I get
this error with the default project if I include the Google Web
Toolkit.

If I don't include the Google Web Toolkit, then I do NOT get this
error.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Dalbok

May 19, 2009, 12:44:36 PM5/19/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Nevermind. I figured out that the issue was related to the fact that
my workspace was on Network Resource referenced through a UNC path.
When I moved the Workspace to my local machine, it resolved the issue.