java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out - ONLY on IE + WebSphere Combination

Krishna

Jul 11, 2007, 1:38:00 PM7/11/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

"java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" exception is thrown
when the GWT based application is deployed on WebSphere Server and
accessed using IE 6.0.x. (for Mozilla it is working fine)
Things are working fine with Tomcat Server and IE/Mozilla
Browser. Please help me in resolving this issue. Here is the exception
log:

[Servlet.LOG]: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call:
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java(Compiled
Code))
at com.ibm.ws.io.Stream.read(Stream.java:17)
at com.ibm.ws.io.ReadStream.read(ReadStream.java:181)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.ContentLengthInputStream.read(ContentLengthInputStream.java:
48)
at com.ibm.ws.io.ReadStream.read(ReadStream.java:181)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.read(HttpConnection.java:
342)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.SRPConnection.read(SRPConnection.java:
200)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTInputStream.read(SRTInputStream.java:
80)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.http.HttpInputStream.read(HttpInputStream.java:
312)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.readPayloadAsUtf8(RemoteServiceServlet.java:
580)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:
162)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:
110)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:
174)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:
313)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:
116)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.java:
283)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java:
42)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:
40)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:
1171)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:
676)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:
203)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:
125)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:
294)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:
71)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:
246)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:
334)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:
56)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:
652)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:448)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:912)

Miguel Méndez

Jul 12, 2007, 9:14:54 AM7/12/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
I thought that someone else had run into this problem; I do not recall how it was resolved.  Did you search the group?

On 7/11/07, Krishna < krishna...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service (HttpServlet.java:853)

--
Miguel

Krishna

Jul 12, 2007, 1:42:28 PM7/12/07
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

Yes went through the threads on the google group. But couldn't find a
correct solution for this issue

On Jul 12, 6:14 am, "Miguel Méndez" <mmen...@google.com> wrote:
> I thought that someone else had run into this problem; I do not recall how
> it was resolved. Did you search the group?
>

> On 7/11/07, Krishna <krishna.cha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" exception is thrown

> > when theGWTbased application is deployed on WebSphere Server and

> > accessed using IE 6.0.x. (for Mozilla it is working fine)
> > Things are working fine with Tomcat Server and IE/Mozilla
> > Browser. Please help me in resolving this issue. Here is the exception
> > log:
>
> > [Servlet.LOG]: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call:
> > java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
> > at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
> > at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java(Compiled
> > Code))
> > at com.ibm.ws.io.Stream.read(Stream.java:17)
> > at com.ibm.ws.io.ReadStream.read(ReadStream.java:181)
> > at
> > com.ibm.ws.http.ContentLengthInputStream.read(

> > ContentLengthInputStream.java:
> > 48)
> > at com.ibm.ws.io.ReadStream.read(ReadStream.java:181)
> > at
> > com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.read(HttpConnection.java:
> > 342)
> > at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.SRPConnection.read(

> > SRPConnection.java:
> > 200)
> > at
> > com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTInputStream.read(SRTInputStream.java:
> > 80)
> > at
> > com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.http.HttpInputStream.read(HttpInputStream.java
> > :
> > 312)
> > at
> > com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.readPayloadAsUtf8(
> > RemoteServiceServlet.java:
> > 580)
> > at
> > com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(
> > RemoteServiceServlet.java:
> > 162)
> > at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
> > at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> > at
> > com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(

> Miguel- Hide quoted text -

Miguel Méndez

Jul 13, 2007, 8:07:21 AM7/13/07
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com