Gears complaints about JRE 1.5 in GWT project

1 view

Maksim Ustinov

Jul 12, 2009, 1:49:22 PM7/12/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I just tried to use Gears in my GWT application and got following
error:

====================START=============================

Jul 12, 2009 6:26:29 AM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
info
INFO: jetty-6.1.x
Jul 12, 2009 6:26:29 AM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
warn
WARNING: failed
com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.DevAppEngineWebAppContext@c45809{/,/
Users/work/workspace/Athena/war}
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance
(SAXParserFactory.java:113)
at org.mortbay.xml.XmlParser.<init>(XmlParser.java:69)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebXmlConfiguration.webXmlParser
(WebXmlConfiguration.java:83)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebXmlConfiguration.<init>
(WebXmlConfiguration.java:78)
Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.loadConfigurations
(WebAppContext.java:838)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart
(WebAppContext.java:417)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start
(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart
(HandlerWrapper.java:117)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start
(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart
(HandlerWrapper.java:117)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:217)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start
(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.JettyContainerService.startContainer
(JettyContainerService.java:147)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.AbstractContainerService.startup
(AbstractContainerService.java:116)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl.start
(DevAppServerImpl.java:211)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher.start
(AppEngineLauncher.java:86)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.doStartUpServer(HostedMode.java:
365)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.startUp(HostedModeBase.java:
590)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.run(HostedModeBase.java:397)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.main(HostedMode.java:232)

====================END===============================

I know this error is because I'm using (1) OS X, (2) Eclipse with
Google Plugin, (3) JRE 1.5. But I have no choice because Hosted Mode
plugin requires JRE 1.5 and when I switch to JRE 1.6 Hosted mode
complains. I also tried to set JRE 1.6 just to the project, still
Plugin does not like it. This problem occurs only when I'm including

<inherits name='com.google.gwt.gears.Gears'/>

into my gwt.xml file.

Any suggestiong how do I fix this problem?

Thanks

Eric Ayers

Jul 12, 2009, 5:15:13 PM7/12/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Which version of gwt-gears.jar are you using? Make sure you are
running the latest gwt-gears release (1.2.1) and try
gwt-gears-noredist.jar if you are using the Google Plugin.
--
Eric Z. Ayers - GWT Team - Atlanta, GA USA
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/