Regarding GWT with the upcoming Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10

Chak Lai

Jul 19, 2012, 2:05:49 PM7/19/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
It has been confirm that the release date for Windows 8 is October 26, 2012.

Windows 8 also includes the next version of its browser: Internet Explorer 10.

Will GWT 2.5 (final release) support IE10?

Thomas Broyer

Jul 19, 2012, 6:07:43 PM7/19/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
No.
But maybe 2.5.1, which we expect to release somewhere around September.
If we're lucky, we can simply use the "standard-based" implementations that already serve as a base for the non-IE browsers.
Note that it'll (unfortunately) add a new permutation.

Finally, in case we don't have time to do it, you'll still be able to run GWT apps in IE10 by asking it to use it's IE9 compatibility engine (<meta name="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9; chrome=1">)

Chak Lai

Jul 19, 2012, 9:14:47 PM7/19/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply.

Dmitry

Dec 11, 2012, 2:45:22 PM12/11/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Do you know if there are any plans to release GWT 2.5.1 with IE10 support any time soon?

Application I'm developing relies on websockets. Therefore so far we only supported Chrome, Firefox and Safari. With IE10 released and its support of websockets it would be great to add it to the list. It's a pity we can't compile IE10 specific version with current version of GWT. I still have to check though if running IE10 in IE9 compatibility mode will disable websockets or not.

Thomas Broyer

Dec 11, 2012, 4:11:56 PM12/11/12

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:45:22 PM UTC+1, Dmitry wrote:
Hi,

Do you know if there are any plans to release GWT 2.5.1 with IE10 support any time soon?

2.5.1 yes, but not with IE10 support.

Dmitry

Dec 12, 2012, 8:23:32 AM12/12/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I see. Do you know if there are any plans to add IE10 support in foreseeable future?

Pedro Lamarão

Dec 12, 2012, 3:18:03 PM12/12/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

What would be required to add IE10 support? Maybe the community can step up to this.

--
 P.

Goktug Gokdogan

Dec 12, 2012, 9:06:30 PM12/12/12
to google-web-toolkit
I'm not sure about timing but we will definitely add support for IE10.
I expect most of the work to be about testing and working around behavior differences.
Will let you know more, when we have a clear plan.

OrNOt

Jun 22, 2013, 4:28:12 AM6/22/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I am using the latest GWT version and it seems no IE10 support yet.

Any plan update on it ?

thanks a  lot

OrNot

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Pedro Lamarão <pedro....@gmail.com> wrote:
Em terça-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2012 19h11min56s UTC-2, Thomas Broyer escreveu:

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:45:22 PM UTC+1, Dmitry wrote:
Hi,

Do you know if there are any plans to release GWT 2.5.1 with IE10 support any time soon?

2.5.1 yes, but not with IE10 support.

What would be required to add IE10 support? Maybe the community can step up to this.

--
 P.

OrNOt

Thomas Broyer

Jun 22, 2013, 6:18:49 AM6/22/13

On Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:28:12 AM UTC+2, OrNOt wrote:
I am using the latest GWT version and it seems no IE10 support yet.

IE10 (in "IE10 standards mode") should use the ie9 permutation, and I'm not aware of breakages.

Any plan update on it ?

Vaadin is working on it (Pointer Events support mainly). GWT 2.6 is scheduled for the end of this year.