2.8rc1 and server reload in Intellij

P.G.Taboada

Aug 4, 2016, 3:19:08 AM8/4/16
to GWT Users
Hi,

with GWT 2.8 I cannot reload the server anymore:

java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: org.eclipse.jetty.annotations.AnnotationConfiguration$1@2a5ec0a4
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.execute(QueuedThreadPool.java:362)
at org.eclipse.jetty.annotations.AnnotationConfiguration.scanForAnnotations(AnnotationConfiguration.java:541)
at org.eclipse.jetty.annotations.AnnotationConfiguration.configure(AnnotationConfiguration.java:447)
at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.configure(WebAppContext.java:479)
at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1337)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:741)
at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:505)

Am I the only one?

brgds,

Papick

Thomas Broyer

Aug 4, 2016, 12:21:16 PM8/4/16
to GWT Users
Reproduced. I have a fix: https://gwt-review.googlesource.com/15500

We probably need to add this ("restart web server") to our smoke test process.

Philippe Gonze

Aug 8, 2016, 12:55:05 PM8/8/16
to GWT Users
Same problem exactly.
Any practical solution or workaround would be highly appreciated.
The link provided by Thomas Broyer could not help to find a solution (in eclipse neon).

PG

Thomas Broyer

Aug 10, 2016, 8:20:05 AM8/10/16
to GWT Users
Workaround would be to duplicate the class, applying the changes, and using it as the -server argument to DevMode instead of the broken one from GWT.

Philippe Gonze

Aug 12, 2016, 2:47:50 AM8/12/16
to GWT Users

Le mercredi 10 août 2016 14:20:05 UTC+2, Thomas Broyer a écrit :
Workaround would be to duplicate the class, applying the changes, and using it as the -server argument to DevMode instead of the broken one from GWT.

Tnx Thomas...

Would you be more explicit please ?
Which class should be duplicated ? The entry point container?
Where exactly are -server DevMode arguments defined in eclipse ?
It is a one shot (definitive) solution or should it be repeated at any reload (making it not so convenient) ?

Tnx.

Thomas Broyer

Aug 12, 2016, 8:39:58 AM8/12/16
to GWT Users