java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied

Thomas Holmes

Mar 12, 2010, 9:49:05 AM3/12/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I have a brand new screaming laptop where I installed OpenSuse 11.2 64-
bit, MySQL 64-bit, Java JDK, MyEclipseIDE, and the Eclipse GWT
Plugin. I should say that I also had the old GWT 1.7.1 on my system
as well.

So after all this work, I went to create a new GWT Application
Project, and then I get this:

Cannot run program "/home/tholmes/Genuitec/Common/binary/
com.sun.java.jdk.linux.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/java":
java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied

The folks at MyEclipseIDE say they don't support GWT Eclipse Plugin,
so that's a big shove off to me.
So, now I am here if anyone has had this issue, and if so, how do I
fix it.

At worst, do I have to create my project outside of eclipse and then
import it in.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Chris Lercher

Mar 12, 2010, 10:42:59 AM3/12/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Are you sure, that Eclipse is running on the Sun JVM? (About Eclipse -
> Installation Details -> Configuration) There are lots of problems
with Eclipse, when run with GCJ. I don't know, if that's the solution,
but I'd check this first.

Thomas Holmes

Mar 12, 2010, 11:46:01 AM3/12/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Ok, I just fixed the issue. I have set MyEclipseIDE (or Eclipse) to
run with my other up-to-date JVM JDK 1.6._u18
But even though that was my configured JVM for java application,
Eclipse, as you suggested was still running against it's own local
JVM.

Ultimately, I just drilled down to the location of the Eclipse JVM,
and added the Executable permission to that j"ava" file.
I also guess I could have configured Eclipse to run against my local
JVM, and that would have solved the issue also.

That was it, a really simple fix. I hope this helps someone out.

Thanks for your help! :-)