integrating with wicket

fachhoch

Oct 3, 2010, 12:10:44 AM10/3/10
to Google Web Toolkit
My application uses wicket , I recently saw some GWT widgets , and
would like to use them in my application , please suggest me if there
is any integration between wicket and GWT , can I use GWT widgets
inside my wicket pages ?

Georg Sendt

Oct 4, 2010, 4:43:18 PM10/4/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Yes this is no problem. You can use GWT as normal as JavaScript in
your Wicket application.

Create a GWT-Project and include the YourApplication.nocache.js in
your wicket page. You can do this easily with
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WebComponent.

Regards,

Georg

fachhoch

Oct 7, 2010, 8:46:09 AM10/7/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks for you email , I tried adding a simple Hello world
example into my exsistin g app .
here are the files I added .

first I created a file

<code>
package gov.hhs.acf.web.gwt.client;

import com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint;
import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.ClickEvent;
import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.ClickHandler;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.Window;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Button;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootPanel;

public class Hello implements EntryPoint {

@Override
public void onModuleLoad() {
Button b = new Button("Click me", new ClickHandler() {
public void onClick(ClickEvent event) {
Window.alert("Hello, AJAX");
}
});
RootPanel.get().add(b);
}

}

</code>

in the same package I added a file Hello.gwt.xml

<code>
<module rename-to="hello">
<inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User"/>
<entry-point class="gov.hhs.acf.web.gwt.client.Hello"/>
</module>
</code>

finally I added gwt-maven plugin , building project gives me this
error

On Oct 4, 4:43 pm, Georg Sendt <georg.se...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yes this is no problem.  You can use GWT as normal as JavaScript in
> your Wicket application.
>
> Create a GWT-Project and  include the YourApplication.nocache.js in
> your wicket page. You can do this easily with
> org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WebComponent.
>
> Regards,
>
> Georg

fachhoch

Oct 7, 2010, 8:19:54 PM10/7/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Need help please !.

I resolved the problem with compilation.Next a new probelm started and
this is when building my project I get java heap out of memory error.
I resolved that using extraJvmArgs vm argument , so then the build
works.
Now I get out of memory when I run my app using embedded tomat, using
tomcat maven plugin.
Please help me

fachhoch

Oct 7, 2010, 8:39:37 PM10/7/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I could not reolve the out of memory issue I get this at compile
time.

here is my maven plguin

<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.2</version>
<configuration>
<logLevel>DEBUG</logLevel>
<compileTargets>
<value>gov.hhs.acf.web.gwt.client.Hello</value>
</compileTargets>
<extraJvmArgs>-Xmx512m</extraJvmArgs>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>compile</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

I get this error please help me

he system is out of resources.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
at com.sun.tools.javac.util.Name.fromUtf(Name.java:84)
at com.sun.tools.javac.util.Name$Table.fromUtf(Name.java:510)
at com.sun.tools.javac.util.ByteBuffer.toName(ByteBuffer.java:151)
at com.sun.tools.javac.jvm.ClassWriter.typeSig(ClassWriter.java:407)
at com.sun.tools.javac.jvm.ClassWriter.writePool(ClassWriter.java:
493)
at
com.sun.tools.javac.jvm.ClassWriter.writeClassFile(ClassWriter.java:
1567)
at com.sun.tools.javac.jvm.ClassWriter.writeClass(ClassWriter.java:
1444)
at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.genCode(JavaCompiler.java:
618)
at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.generate(JavaCompiler.java:
1289)
at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.generate(JavaCompiler.java:
1259)
at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.compile2(JavaCompiler.java:
765)
at com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.compile(JavaCompiler.java:
730)
at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:353)
at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:279)
at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:270)
at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.compile(Main.java:87)
at
39)
at
25)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavacCompiler.compileInProcess(JavacCompiler.java:
420)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavacCompiler.compile(JavacCompiler.java:
141)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:
493)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:
114)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:
483)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
678)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
540)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
519)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
371)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
332)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
181)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:356)

at
org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:
516)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:
114)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:
483)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
678)
... 16 more