Can't deploy my project anymore

JoyaleXandre

Mar 18, 2013, 4:38:02 PM3/18/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

Since friday I can't deploy my project anymore.

Went I start the war generation with the deploy button I instantly get an error message saying:
"Designer error occured.
Select Details >> for more information.
See the Error Log for more information.

Reason:
Parse error or internal Designer error,"

The stack trace is this:
"Plug-in Provider: Google
Plug-in Name:
Plug-in ID: org.eclipse

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jdt/launching/IJavaLaunchConfigurationConstants
    at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.actions.deploy.DeployModuleAction.getGWTProjectClasspath(DeployModuleAction.java:364)
    at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.actions.deploy.DeployModuleAction.createBuildScript(DeployModuleAction.java:150)
    at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.actions.deploy.DeployModuleAction.access$1(DeployModuleAction.java:131)
    at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.actions.deploy.DeployModuleAction$1.run(DeployModuleAction.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Full stack trace (to see full context):
    at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.actions.deploy.DeployModuleAction$1.run(DeployModuleAction.java:114)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jdt/launching/IJavaLaunchConfigurationConstants
    at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.actions.deploy.DeployModuleAction.getGWTProjectClasspath(DeployModuleAction.java:364)
    at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.actions.deploy.DeployModuleAction.createBuildScript(DeployModuleAction.java:150)
    at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.actions.deploy.DeployModuleAction.access$1(DeployModuleAction.java:131)
    at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.actions.deploy.DeployModuleAction$1.run(DeployModuleAction.java:103)
    ... 1 more
"

I completely uninstalled the Google Plugin and reinstalled it. I still get this error.

My last chance is probably to reinstall Eclipse from scratch, but I would like to avoid reinstalling and configuring all my dev envirronnement.

Can somebody help me please. Am I the only one who got this problem since I tried to update the Google Plugin?

JoyaleXandre

Mar 18, 2013, 4:41:38 PM3/18/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
These are all my Installed plugin and version if it can help.

  CollabNet Merge Client    3.0.13    com.collabnet.subversion.merge.feature.feature.group    CollabNet
  Eclipse IDE for Java Developers    1.5.2.20130211-1820    epp.package.java    null
  Google App Engine Java SDK 1.7.5    1.7.5    com.google.appengine.eclipse.sdkbundle.feature.feature.group    Google, Inc.
  Google Plugin for Eclipse 4.2    3.2.0.v201302131858-rel-r42    com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e42.feature.feature.group    Google, Inc.
  Google Web Toolkit SDK 2.5.1    2.5.1    com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle.feature.feature.group    Google, Inc.
  GWT Designer    2.6.0.r38x201206111253    com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.feature.feature.group    Google, Inc.
  GWT Designer Core    3.1.2.r42x201302131702    com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.hosted.feature.feature.group    Google, Inc.
  GWT Designer Editor    3.1.2.r42x201302131711    com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.editor.feature.feature.group    Google, Inc.
  GWT Designer GPE    3.1.2.r42x201302131737    com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.gpe.feature.feature.group    Google, Inc.
  Hibernate Tools    3.5.1.v20130102-1835-H100-Final    org.hibernate.eclipse.feature.feature.group    JBoss by Red Hat
  PyDev for Eclipse    2.7.1.2012100913    org.python.pydev.feature.feature.group    Aptana
  Pydev Mylyn Integration    0.4.0    org.python.pydev.mylyn.feature.feature.group    Fabio Zadrozny
  Subclipse (Required)    1.8.18    org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.feature.group    tigris.org
  Subclipse Integration for Mylyn 3.x (Optional)    3.0.0    org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.mylyn.feature.group    tigris.org
  Subversion Client Adapter (Required)    1.8.3    org.tigris.subversion.clientadapter.feature.feature.group    tigris.org
  Subversion JavaHL Native Library Adapter    1.7.8.1    org.tigris.subversion.clientadapter.javahl.feature.feature.group    tigris.org
  Subversion Revision Graph    1.1.1    org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.graph.feature.feature.group    tigris.org
  SVNKit Client Adapter (Not required)    1.7.8.1    org.tigris.subversion.clientadapter.svnkit.feature.feature.group    tigris.org
  WindowBuilder Core Documentation    1.5.2.r42x201302111931    org.eclipse.wb.doc.user.feature.feature.group    Eclipse.org
  WindowBuilder CSS Support    1.5.2.r42x201302111914    org.eclipse.wb.css.feature.feature.group    Eclipse.org
  WindowBuilder XML Core (requires Eclipse WTP/WST)    1.5.2.r42x201302111919    org.eclipse.wb.core.xml.feature.feature.group    Eclipse.org

Juan Pablo Gardella

Mar 19, 2013, 5:43:42 AM3/19/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
What java version are you using? Verify that you are using jdk 1.6

Juan Carlos Aranda

Mar 20, 2013, 1:01:36 PM3/20/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Do you fix the problem???  I have the same problem and not find the solution.

I install Eclipse, Gwt plugin and Designer.

Now my app not deploy.

Saludos.

Thanks.

Juan Pablo Gardella

Mar 20, 2013, 1:06:24 PM3/20/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Did you remove gwt-cache directories?

2013/3/20 Juan Carlos Aranda <aran...@gmail.com>

JoyaleXandre

Mar 20, 2013, 1:12:36 PM3/20/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I removed the gwt-cache folder. I managed to compile my war file by executing the build.xml ant file manually. But I liked more when the deploy button was generating the xml for me. Now, I need to update it manually.

Jeff Smith

May 23, 2013, 12:00:33 AM5/23/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

I ran into the same problem and could not figure out which configuration setting got hosed. Fortunately for me, I had a backup on another computer and just reverted back to that project and GWT 2.5.

That is one of the drawbacks of GWT--there is too much magic going on behind the scenes spread out in many directories and files. I will never try upgrading to a new version of GWT without backing up everything first.

Sorry this probably won't help you--I feel your pain.

Best,
Jeff

On May 22, 2013 7:20 PM, "Jack Gage" <rjg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone pinpointed the cause of this?

I have tried to fix this with fresh installations of Eclipse Juno and Indigo with the GWT SDK and Designer plugins, have deleted the gwt-cache dirs, am using jre6, and yet the problem persists, very weird.  What else bothers me about this is that I can't figure out what I did that made this start happening; from my perspective this functionality was working just fine and then started failing one day when I did not make any substantial (from my perspective) changes to my environment.

Maybe next I should try to print out all my code on paper, buy a new computer, install and setup everything, and type in the code again.....

Thanks!

Magallo

Jun 21, 2013, 5:59:51 AM6/21/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi, were you able in the end to solve the problem? How did you do? I have the same problem and I don't know what to do?

Please help.

Thanks.

Magallo

Jun 21, 2013, 6:39:23 AM6/21/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Have you solved the problem? How?

Alexandre Joyal

Jun 21, 2013, 11:02:18 AM6/21/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I've made my own build.xml file to build my project. I don't understand that not a lot of person complain about that. It seems to be a major issue. I wonder if anybody that it's still working uses Eclipse Juno and GWT 2.5.1.

Jeff Smith

Jun 21, 2013, 11:17:08 AM6/21/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

I did not figure out a solution (I reverted back to an older version of my project with get 2.5).

Perhaps you should create a brand new get 2.51 project and then just copy/paste your java source code files into this new project. Good luck.

Jeff

Magallo

Jun 26, 2013, 11:47:01 AM6/26/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
How can be possible that nobody of the Eclipse/GWT Team has nothing to say about?!

Jack Gage

Jun 26, 2013, 6:27:49 PM6/26/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
So, I worked on this for a while and basically didn't come up with anything...  I think that the context-menu deployment feature is not part of GWT 2.5.1.

To get around it, I have a two-step process: I compile my project with the GWT Toolbar Button > GWT Compile project option.  This compiles the JS in my web app folder.  Then I separately set up WAR deployment via the Project Properties > Deployment Assembly screen and deploy via standard Eclipse WAR export.

This isn't quite as easy as the context-menu deployment, but once it is set up it is pretty fast.  Also has the added benefit that if you only change server-side code, you can generate a new WAR very quickly since it doesn't compile the client side every time.

Hope this helps!

- Jack

Magallo

Jun 27, 2013, 4:36:42 AM6/27/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip. I add another way to compile. You can just right-click your build.xml file, select Run As -> And Build from the context menu and voilà. Anyway this is something weird and really can't understand why they give us no support on solving this.

Jeff Smith

Jul 8, 2013, 1:25:43 PM7/8/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Magallo, I just built my war the same way--thanks for the tip.

Right click on build.xml
Run As Ant Build
Select first 'build.xml' item in list
Click OK

My war file was built successfully.

One other tip from me--edit your build.xml and remove the gwt-dev.jar from your filesets. This jar file bloats your war file by 33 MB and is only needed when running your project from Eclipse (you don't need or want it in the war file you deploy to Tomcat):
<!-- <fileset file="C:\Java\eclipse\gwt-2.5.0\gwt-dev.jar"/>   -->

You'll also need to delete gwt-dev.jar from your /war/WEB-INF/lib folder if it is already there. Once you do that, your war file will shrink by 33 MB.

Best,
Jeff

Douglas Tondo

Jul 24, 2013, 8:46:26 AM7/24/13