GWT MVP

Sabbir

Apr 15, 2010, 7:23:06 AM4/15/10
to Google Web Toolkit
i am having quite a difficulty in understanding MVP in gwt. Can
anybody suggest a good example easy one

Katharina Probst

Apr 15, 2010, 10:22:18 PM4/15/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what you're looking for, but there's a pretty new document here:

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Sabbir <leo....@gmail.com> wrote:
i am having quite a difficulty in understanding MVP in gwt. Can
anybody suggest a good example easy one

gengstrand

Apr 16, 2010, 11:30:32 AM4/16/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I covered the differences between MVP and MVC in this presentation.

http://www.dynamicalsoftware.com/gwt

I hope that helps.

On Apr 15, 5:23 am, Sabbir <leo.sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am having quite a difficulty in understanding MVP in gwt. Can
> anybody suggest a good example easy one

nino ekambi

Apr 16, 2010, 7:57:53 PM4/16/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I cant find the informations.
Can you please tell me where to look on the page ?

thx and greets

Al

gengstrand

Apr 17, 2010, 11:42:11 AM4/17/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Check out pages 7 and 8 from the slide deck PDF linked to from that
page.

For your convenience, here is the net of it. With MVC, the model is
thick with business rules and glue code to a data access layer. The
view has lots of dependencies on the model. The controller is usually
a framework component driven by some kind of configuration, usually
XML based. With MVP, the model is lightweight POJOs. The view is
mockable. It is the presenter that is heavy with glue code and
business rules. The thinking here is that MVP is more suited for TDD
than MVC.

Another notable feature of MVP in GWT apps is the use of an event bus
instead of hard coded event handler dependencies. Typically, that
event bus is implemented as either the HandlerManager from GWT itself
or the PropertyChangeSupport class from the GWTx library.