GWT React - Update

Paul Stockley

Apr 7, 2016, 9:35:50 AM4/7/16
to GWT Users
I have managed to get Redux working. I implemented the following examples

http://redux.js.org/docs/introduction/Examples.html#counter
http://redux.js.org/docs/introduction/Examples.html#todos-with-undo

You can see the code on my google drive below:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxp8vLBG2ol3ZERCc3lHUEhKU2M&usp=sharing

I also updated the todomvc example based on my new more refined API.

I am just creating a sample to exercise most of the React API. I also need to prove out inter-op with existing GWT widgets and also test with a production build. At the moment it only works on the latest snapshot build of GWT2.8. Hopefully a RC candidate will be out by the time I finish.

When this is done I will publish a preview version of GWT React. I would like to get some feedback before I turn it into an official project on Github.

sameep singhania

Apr 13, 2017, 2:52:28 AM4/13/17
to GWT Users
Can I use ui binder with gwt-react?
Can I also use my widgets inside react elements, so that I can harness the virtual DOM power even for GWT Widgets?

Paul Stockley

Apr 13, 2017, 9:04:56 AM4/13/17
to GWT Users
You can't use uibinder to define your react components.  You can use React to implement a GWT widget so you get the benefit of the virtual dom. You can also embed top level React components within ui binder files. Take a look at this sample https://github.com/GWTReact/gwt-react-examples/tree/master/src/gwt/react/widget_interop . I will put together a post sometime on how we are integrating React into our existing GWT codebase.