Trying to run Super Dev Mode, but getting "Sorry, the GWT Developer Plugin no longer works with Chrome"

Tharpa Roberts

Apr 19, 2017, 7:07:41 PM4/19/17
to GWT Users
I am maintaining a legacy application, which uses GWT 2.6.1.  I am trying to run it in Eclipse.  I have added the line
<add-linker name="xsiframe"/>
to my Acme.gwt.xml file.   I am selecting, "Debug As GWT Development Mode with Jetty".  When I open it, Chrome tells me, "Sorry, the GWT Developer Plugin no longer works with Chrome".

I want to use Super Dev Mode.  Why does it think that I want to use DevMode ?

Thomas Broyer

Apr 19, 2017, 7:17:44 PM4/19/17
to GWT Users
SDM in GWT 2.6 requires using CodeServer. 2.7 added integration with DevMode and turned it on by default (with -nosuperDevMode flag to turn it off).

gitzzz87

Apr 20, 2017, 4:45:06 AM4/20/17
to GWT Users
Check the flag

четверг, 20 апреля 2017 г., 6:07:41 UTC+7 пользователь Tharpa Roberts написал:
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Brandon Donnelson

Apr 21, 2017, 11:38:19 AM4/21/17
to GWT Users
I notice you're using the older GPE plugin, I'll suggest jumping to the new GWT Eclipse Plugin. It's wired up to handle the switches for super dev mode.