Why am I seeing: "GWTCompiler is deprecated and will be removed in a future release"?

William

Apr 17, 2009, 1:26:00 PM4/17/09
to Google Web Toolkit
WARNING: 'com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler' is deprecated and will be
removed in a future release.
Use 'com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler' instead.
(To disable this warning, pass -Dgwt.nowarn.legacy.tools as a JVM
arg.)
[ERROR] Unexpected
at java.io.BufferedReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.TypeOracleMediator.parseMetaDataTags
(TypeOracleMediator.java:148)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.TypeOracleMediator.resolveMethod
(TypeOracleMediator.java:1041)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.TypeOracleMediator.resolveMethods
(TypeOracleMediator.java:1054)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.TypeOracleMediator.resolveTypeDeclaration
(TypeOracleMediator.java:1444)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.TypeOracleMediator.addNewUnits
(TypeOracleMediator.java:389)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.TypeOracleMediator.refresh
(TypeOracleMediator.java:417)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationState.refresh
(CompilationState.java:179)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationState.<init>
(CompilationState.java:93)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.getCompilationState
(ModuleDef.java:264)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:283)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler.run(GWTCompiler.java:180)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler.run(GWTCompiler.java:150)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler$1.run(GWTCompiler.java:119)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:
84)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger
(CompileTaskRunner.java:78)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler.main(GWTCompiler.java:126)
[ERROR] Out of memory; to increase the amount of memory, use the -
Xmx flag at startup (java -Xmx128M ...)

Vitali Lovich

Apr 17, 2009, 3:16:47 PM4/17/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Are you not understanding the warning? It seems pretty clear. The
GWTCompiler class has been deprecated as of 1.6 & you should use the
new Compiler which understands the new project structure (the options
don't have a 1:1 mapping, so you should read up the documentation on
how to migrate from 1.5 to 1.6).

William

Apr 17, 2009, 4:11:18 PM4/17/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Thank you.

On Apr 17, 3:16 pm, Vitali Lovich <vlov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you not understanding the warning?  It seems pretty clear.  The
> GWTCompiler class has been deprecated as of 1.6 & you should use the
> new Compiler which understands the new project structure (the options
> don't have a 1:1 mapping, so you should read up the documentation on
> how to migrate from 1.5 to 1.6).

Sumit Chandel

Apr 20, 2009, 6:39:59 PM4/20/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

As for the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError you observed while trying to use the GWTCompiler, try increasing the heap size by passing in the -Xmx256M flag.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel

Jason Essington

Apr 21, 2009, 11:17:06 AM4/21/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
The beauty of the new Compiler and HostedMode classes is that they are
pretty verbose if you mess up the options (use no longer existent
options). Which means, you can simply switch to the new class, and
read the displayed documentation in the error message :-)

-jason