Tree and TreeItem in standards mode

Harry Wagner

Jan 2, 2018, 2:23:25 PM1/2/18
to GWT Users
I am converting an old GWT app to standards mode and have not found a good substitute for either Tree or TreeItem. Does anyone know of one? TIA!

Harry

Colin Alworth

Jan 3, 2018, 3:31:45 PM1/3/18
to GWT Users
As far as I can tell, Tree/TreeItem work just fine in standards mode - what makes you think that they don't? http://samples.gwtproject.org/samples/Showcase/Showcase.html#!CwTree shows it being used in standards mode.

In contrast, consider com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.TabPanel, which has Javadoc indicating that it only works in quirks mode, and that TabLayoutPanel should be used instead when in standards mode.

Harry Wagner

Jan 4, 2018, 9:15:30 AM1/4/18
to GWT Users
Thanks. The scrolling is breaking but I no longer think the Tree/TreeItem objects are causing it. I found a VerticalPanel upstream from it that I am pretty sure is the cause. Thanks again. Happy new year!