Default Sample Project (GreetingService) doesn't display widgets in hosted mode

mcjames01

Jun 26, 2009, 4:54:28 PM6/26/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Here's what I did:

From a fresh eclipse 3.4 installation, GWT 1.6.4, with the 1.0.1 GWT
plugin I created a new Google Web Application (File->New->Other
Google->Web Application Project)

I named it FooBar, used "com.example.foobar" as the package. Chose
Create in project workspace, Checked Use Google Web Toolkit, and Use
default SDK (GWT - 1.6.4). Unchecked Use Google App Engine. Clicked
on Finish.

I right clicked on the project, chose Run As->Google Web Application.
The shell opened and the hosted browser came up, but only the contents
of the host HTML file displayed, no text boxes, no buttons. Nothing.

See my previous post for the contents of the shell:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/3591b370b8a4e8cc#

Any suggestions? I'm going to see if I can turn up the log level to
see if I can get more clues.

mcjames01

Jun 26, 2009, 6:35:37 PM6/26/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I set the log level to ALL and see that I'm getting a couple
exceptions.
The first one is:
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpException: null
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:276)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run
(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run
(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

In the log it's immediately preceded by these two logs:

[SPAM] uri=/foobar/hosted.html?foobar

[SPAM] fields=Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/
pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint,
application/msword, application/x-ms-application, application/x-ms-
xbap, application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument, application/xaml+xml,
application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
Referer: http://localhost:4959/FooBar.html
CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR
3.5.21022; MS-RTC LM 8)
Host: localhost:4959
Connection: Keep-Alive

Prior to this I was seeing successful RESPONSE (200) for the
clear.cache.gif

Then the second one is:

[SPAM] EXCEPTION
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
remote host
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.ChannelEndPoint.fill(ChannelEndPoint.java:122)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:281)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run
(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run
(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

Apparently it died. This occurred immediately after a succesful
REQEST/RESPONSE for the gwt/standard/standard.css resource.

Any ideas what to look for in my environment?

On Jun 26, 3:54 pm, mcjames01 <mcjame...@msn.com> wrote:
> Here's what I did:
>
> From a fresh eclipse 3.4 installation, GWT 1.6.4, with the 1.0.1 GWT
> plugin I created a new Google Web Application (File->New->Other
> Google->Web Application Project)
>
> I named it FooBar, used "com.example.foobar" as the package.  Chose
> Create in project workspace, Checked Use Google Web Toolkit, and Use
> default SDK (GWT - 1.6.4).  Unchecked Use Google App Engine.  Clicked
> on Finish.
>
> I right clicked on the project, chose Run As->Google Web Application.
> The shell opened and the hosted browser came up, but only the contents
> of the host HTML file displayed, no text boxes, no buttons.  Nothing.
>
> See my previous post for the contents of the shell:http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/threa...

Miguel Méndez

Jun 29, 2009, 8:52:54 AM6/29/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
What OS are you running on?  Also, what exact version of eclipse are you using?
--
Miguel

mcjames01

Jun 29, 2009, 2:09:45 PM6/29/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks for looking at this Miquel, but my boss found this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/google-we...@googlegroups.com/msg16364.html

and sure enough, clearing my cookies in IE did the trick.
> Miguel- Hide quoted text -

Miguel Méndez

Jun 29, 2009, 3:27:39 PM6/29/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Glad to know that you were able to find a work around.
--
Miguel