Adding Material Design Inherits elements to already existing vanilla GWT project changes the main look of the application

Olar Andrei

Nov 28, 2016, 3:29:07 AM11/28/16
to GWT Users
Hello everybody,

Today I'm trying to integrate GWT Material Design into my project. I already have an existing vanilla GWT project to which I wish to add some other look and feel by using MD. I have added all the necessary depencies in my pom file and I have also added these lines in the gwt.xml file.

<!--GWT Material -->
<inherits name="gwt.material.design.GwtMaterialWithJQueryDebug" />
<inherits name="gwt.material.design.themes.ThemeBlue" />
<inherits name="gwt.material.design.addins.GwtMaterialAddinsDebug" />
<inherits name="gwt.material.design.GwtMaterialTableDebug" />

Before adding those lines my login page looks something like this:

After adding those lines and reloading the page it looks something like this:

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,
Andrei

Rodolfo Raya

Nov 28, 2016, 5:29:39 AM11/28/16
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you share the .ui.xml part? If you didn't use UIBinder, can you share a simplified version of your Java code?

Regards,
Rodolfo

Jens

Nov 28, 2016, 5:42:34 AM11/28/16
to GWT Users
Just check your CSS in browser dev tools. I guess by inheriting MD some additional CSS has been loaded that now makes your login screen look different.

-- J.

Olar Andrei

Nov 28, 2016, 8:34:33 AM11/28/16
to GWT Users
@Jens

If that is the case (can't check right now), is there a possibility to disable that? Beacause I just want to redraw the login and register screen using MD. The main app I want to stay the same using vanilla gwt.

Frank

Nov 29, 2016, 3:32:55 AM11/29/16
to GWT Users
This is normal behaviour.
Material will change the css of many default elements like textboxes.

If you want only your loginscreen to look as Material, than write your own css styles (by looking at material css styles) with specific names that you only use on loginpanel.