What's the latest GWT version usable with GWT-Ext?

walker1c

Jul 28, 2015, 12:16:24 PM7/28/15
to Google Web Toolkit
I have the unenviable task of resurrecting and modifying a project that was last touched about six years ago.  The project uses GWT 1.5.3 and makes extensive use of the GWT-EXT widget toolkit that ceased active development when 1.5.3 was current.

There is currently no budget for replacing GWT-EXT with an alternative, so I have to work with what I've got, but I would very much like to update the GWT version, both to take advantage of GWT improvements, and to avoid having to set up a development environment with historic versions of Eclipse, Maven, and associated plugins.

What's the latest GWT version anyone has succeeded is using with GWT-EXT?  Any links to crib-sheets for this kind of environment would be most appreciated, as they could save me a lot of time.

Chris

Rob

Jul 29, 2015, 4:23:58 AM7/29/15
to Google Web Toolkit, ma...@chris-walker.co.uk
That sounds suspiciously like a project I used to work on! Thankfully I am at a different company now and don't have to worry about it anymore, last I heard they were throwing it all away and re-writing using PHP/pure JS.

From memory, GWT-Ext wasn't the best implementation (but you have probably found that) and I suspect you aren't going to have much luck moving to a more recent GWT :(