Blocked attempt to access interface error in tomcat

dean....@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2006, 2:43:59 PM7/8/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I finally got everything for the DynaTable example in 3 packages like
they should be for the gwt shell, but it doesn't work for tomcat. Here
are the three packages now....

client
dto
server

where dto is the java classes being used by client and server(ie. they
will be compiled to bytecode for servlet and javascript for client).

dto is the layer of all classes client and server both need including
SchoolCalendarService!!!

When I run this in tomcat, I get the following error....

SEVERE: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
java.lang.SecurityException: Blocked attempt to access interface
'biz.xsoftware.requirements.dto.SchoolCalendarService', which is either
not implemented by this servlet or which doesn't extend RemoteService;
this is either misconfiguration or a hack attempt
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:234)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:186)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This seems like a bug to me. It is really good design to have a dto
layer and have that clearly demarcated. I use verifydesign ant task to
guarantee this so when I move SchoolCalendarService back to client
package, verifydesign fails the design since server has to depend on
the client package since it has that one class in it. Any ideas how to
fix this so I can have

client
dto
server