nagileon

May 29, 2009, 9:28:45 PM5/29/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi there

I'm following this tutorial:http://www-lehre.inf.uos.de/~btenberg/misc/
DB-Access-in-GWT-The-Missing-Tutorial.pdf

Everything is the same except I'm connecting to Postgres.
I managed to get rid of many problems but when I start the application
then I get:
HTTP ERROR: 503
SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE
REQUESTURI=/LogIn.html

In the Console:

WARNING: EXCEPTION
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.gabae.login.server.PSQLconnection

WARNING: failed pSQLconnection
javax.servlet.UnavailableException:
com.gabae.login.server.PSQLconnection
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Holder.doStart(Holder.java:79)

WARNING: Failed startup of context
com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.DevAppEngineWebAppContext@17b71d9{/,/
root/workspace/LogIn/war}
javax.servlet.UnavailableException:
com.gabae.login.server.PSQLconnection
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Holder.doStart(Holder.java:79)

Web.xml looks like this:

</welcome-file-list>

<!-- Servlets -->
<servlet>
<servlet-name>greetServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.gabae.login.server.GreetingServiceImpl</servlet-
class>
</servlet>

<!-- <servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>greetServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/login/greet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping> -->

<servlet>
<servlet-name>pSQLconnection</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.gabae.login.server.PSQLconnection</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>pSQLconnection</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/login/PSQLconnection</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

I don't understand why the service is not available.
Can you help guys ?

Reagrds

Peter

Rajeev Dayal

Jun 1, 2009, 11:57:33 AM6/1/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Did you copy the Postgres libraries into your war/WEB-INF/lib folder?

Peter Kirklewski

Jun 1, 2009, 12:34:27 PM6/1/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
The problem was that the class name is PSQLConnection and in web.xmal I said PSQLconnection ;)
Also the URL path was wrong:  /login/PSQLconnection versus //login/server/PSQLConnection

Purely PICNIC problem ;)

Regards

Peter
--

Peter Kirklewski Systems Architect ı  GABAE DEVELOPMENT

75 Bathurst Drive, Waterloo, ON  N2V 1N2

Cell: 226-339-1512 ı  Fax: 519-342-1315  ı  E-mail: pkirk...@gabaedevelopment.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged that is exempt from disclosure under law.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.