Can't compile gadget with GWT Plugin 2.2 or 2.3 Beta

dicko

Apr 9, 2011, 12:17:09 AM4/9/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi there,

I've seen a few posts complaining about this error but they seem to
refer to issues using the Maps.jar. Anyway, I've recently updated the
GWT plugin from 2.1 to 2.2 and can now no longer compile a gadget I've
been building using the Gadgets plugin (gwt-gadgets.jar). I'm
receiving this error:

[ERROR] Unexpected
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface
com.google.gwt.core.ext.typeinfo.JClassType, but class was expected
at
com.google.gwt.gadgets.rebind.GadgetGenerator.validateType(GadgetGenerator.java:
475)
at
com.google.gwt.gadgets.rebind.GadgetGenerator.generate(GadgetGenerator.java:
93)
at
com.google.gwt.core.ext.GeneratorExtWrapper.generate(GeneratorExtWrapper.java:
48)
at
com.google.gwt.core.ext.GeneratorExtWrapper.generateIncrementally(GeneratorExtWrapper.java:
60)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.javac.StandardGeneratorContext.runGeneratorIncrementally(StandardGeneratorContext.java:
662)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.RuleGenerateWith.realize(RuleGenerateWith.java:
41)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle
$Rebinder.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:74)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:
259)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:
248)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.DistillerRebindPermutationOracle.getAllPossibleRebindAnswers(DistillerRebindPermutationOracle.java:
91)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaToJavaScriptCompiler.precompile(JavaToJavaScriptCompiler.java:
505)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaScriptCompiler.precompile(JavaScriptCompiler.java:
35)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:541)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:495)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:407)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:215)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:187)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:159)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:
87)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:
81)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:166)

Can anyone give me an idea of how this can be fixed or whether Google
are working on this? I've temporarily re-added the GWT 2.1 plugin but
obviously this won't be a long-term solution as I'm assuming my code
will become deprecated at some point.

Thanks!

Juan Pablo Gardella

Apr 9, 2011, 12:17:04 PM4/9/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Is gwt-gadgets compatible with gwt 2.2? Perhaps you must compile gwt-gadgets sources with 2.2, and then you can use it

Juan Pablo Gardella

Apr 9, 2011, 12:34:30 PM4/9/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Is gwt-gadgets compatible with gwt 2.2? Perhaps you must compile gwt-gadgets sources with gwt 2.2 for use in your project.

Eric Ayers

Apr 9, 2011, 12:52:53 PM4/9/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com, Juan Pablo Gardella
That's exactly what the problem is (with all the gwt-google-api
libraries and GWT 2.2)

--
Eric Z. Ayers
Google Web Toolkit, Atlanta, GA USA

dicko

Apr 11, 2011, 2:16:50 AM4/11/11
to Google Web Toolkit
To be honest, I have no idea how to compile gwt-gadgets sources or
where to get them from in the first place (I'm not a real developer).
I was kind of hoping that Google might have a spare developer to do it
if it's really that simple!

Alternatively, if someone can help me out with some instructions on
how to do this, I'd really appreciate it.

Rodolphe Gomes

Apr 11, 2011, 2:50:08 AM4/11/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
You must update your version of GXT and use gxt-2.2.3 for GWT 2.2

2011/4/11 dicko <d...@mothdesign.com.au>

--
Rodolphe Gomes
IT Developer Senior JAVA/J2EE

Eric Ayers

Apr 11, 2011, 5:44:30 AM4/11/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com, dicko

dicko

Apr 15, 2011, 2:34:12 AM4/15/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks for your help guys but I'm still having trouble. Do I just
need to import the project and then re-compile it? If so, I'm getting
this error:

[ERROR] Unable to load class
'com.google.gwt.gadgets.linker.GadgetLinker'
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.google.gwt.gadgets.linker.GadgetLinker
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefSchema
$ClassAttrCvt.convertToArg(ModuleDefSchema.java:869)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.HandlerArgs.convertToArg(HandlerArgs.java:
64)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.HandlerMethod.invokeBegin(HandlerMethod.java:
221)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser
$Impl.startElement(ReflectiveParser.java:274)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl
$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser
$Impl.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:331)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.access
$100(ReflectiveParser.java:48)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:
402)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:
280)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader$1.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:
192)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:
308)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath(ModuleDefLoader.java:
151)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:185)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:159)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:
87)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:
81)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:166)
[ERROR] Failure while parsing XML
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log
entries)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefSchema
$ClassAttrCvt.convertToArg(ModuleDefSchema.java:872)
[...]
[ERROR] Unexpected error while processing XML
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log
entries)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser
$Impl.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:355)
[...]

If there are some other steps I should be taking, please let me know -
or you could just give me a link to a recompiled gwt-gadgets.jar
file ; )

Eric Ayers

Apr 15, 2011, 9:25:52 AM4/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com, dicko
Yeah, I forgot, the GadgetLinker "went bad" with GWT 2.2 there is a
patch I just put up for gadgets that builds against the latest GWT
releases.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1370808/

It doesn't handle <stylesheet> module directives correctly though.

wangzhengjiang

Apr 18, 2011, 9:52:48 PM4/18/11
to Google Web Toolkit
replace gwt_servlet.jar with 2.2 version in your build path library.

On Apr 9, 12:17 pm, dicko <d...@mothdesign.com.au> wrote:
> [...]
> com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaToJavaScriptCompiler.precompile(JavaToJavaScript­Compiler.java:
> 505)
>         at
> com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.JavaScriptCompiler.precompile(JavaScriptCompiler.jav­a:
> 35)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:541)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:495)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:407)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:215)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:187)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:159)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:
> 87)
>         at
> com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRu­nner.java:

dicko

Apr 19, 2011, 7:39:52 PM4/19/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks for your help so far but I'm still having issues. Now I'm
getting this error when I attempt to compile:

Compiling module com.google.gwt.gadgets.Gadgets
[ERROR] Module has no entry points defined

Any hints?
> [...]
> > 280)
> >        at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader$1.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:
> > 192)
> >        at
> > com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:
> > 308)
> >        at
> > com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath(ModuleDefLoader.ja va:
> > 151)
> >        at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:185)
> >        at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:159)
> >        at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:
> > 87)
> >        at
> > com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRu nner.java:
> > 81)
> >        at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:166)

Eric Ayers

Apr 19, 2011, 8:51:28 PM4/19/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a class that extend
com.google.gwt.gadgets.client.Gadget<T> ? If that doesn't make sense
to you, then check out the GettingStarted guide at
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis