Issue with deploying my GWT app

mrfreeze81

May 9, 2009, 9:07:32 AM5/9/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,
I'm using GWT 1.6.4. I'm trying to deploy my war file from the
simple starter program given by GWT itself to my Resin server v2.1.13.
I have not done any changes to the application. Only created a war
file and dropped it into the webapps folder. When I try to use RPC, I
get the following error. What can I do to resolve it?

500 Servlet Exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class
`com.example.server.GreetingServiceImpl'
was not found in classpath.
Classes normally belong in /ExGWT/WEB-INF/classes.
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.instantiateServlet
(Application.java:3198)
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.createServlet
(Application.java:
3104)
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.loadServlet
(Application.java:
3065)
at com.caucho.server.http.QServletConfig.loadServlet
(QServletConfig.java:435)
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.getFilterChainServlet
(Application.java:2809)
at com.caucho.server.http.Application.buildFilterChain
(Application.java:2765)
at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:
313)
at com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service
(CacheInvocation.java:135)
at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest
(RunnerRequest.java:346)
at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection
(RunnerRequest.java:274)
at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Resin 2.1.13 (built Thu Apr 1 10:57:42 PST 2004)

Thanks
Harry

Salvador Diaz

May 9, 2009, 9:12:25 AM5/9/09
to Google Web Toolkit
The error you're getting is pretty self-explanatory:

> javax.servlet.ServletException: Class
> `com.example.server.GreetingServiceImpl'
> was not found in classpath.
> Classes normally belong in /ExGWT/WEB-INF/classes.
> at com.caucho.server.http.Application.instantiateServlet

Is the file GreetingServiceImpl.class in the right place in your war ?
(/ExGWT/WEB-INF/classes/com/example/server/)

Hope that helps,

Salvador

mrfreeze81

May 9, 2009, 4:38:57 PM5/9/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Yes my class is in the right directory, I am able to launch it on the
hosted mode as well as deploy it on my local resin server on my
machine. When I try to deploy it onto a 3rd party server, is when I
get the error. Also, I noticed that on the 3rd party server, once I
drop the the war file, the server installs the application, but the
root owns the directory ExGWT (which is the name of my application
here). Could that be a problem why it's not able to find the class? (I
don't see why that should be an issue).

Thanks,
Harry

mrfreeze81

May 11, 2009, 10:47:35 AM5/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I am trying to deploy my application on Lunarpages. (not the best
support in the world). They have Resin v 2.1.13 running on their end.
I have tried everything I know, but the classpath is still an issue. I
have even printed out the list of classpath through my code and
everything seems to be right. I can deploy the same war file on any
server Tomcat, Jetty, Resin 3.x (my local), but just not on
lunarpages. I am stumped. Please help.

Thanks
Harry