GWT 2.0 & port 9997 - testing two apps simultaneously

Blessed Geek

Dec 27, 2009, 4:43:41 AM12/27/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I am using GWT 2.0 on eclipse plugin.

I need to test two or more applications simultaneously in eclipse.

However, when I start the second app, the GWT Development notification
window says " ... failed to open port 9997 ...". Should I ignore this
error msg?

How should I test two or more apps simultaneously? Is port 9997 hard-
coded as the gwt-hosted server port, so that GWT, by design, croaks
when testing more than one app simultaneously.

This question, I think, should be related to:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/a2f72461d234adba/b09860699e79de3a?lnk=gst&q=9997#b09860699e79de3a

Paul Grenyer

Dec 27, 2009, 4:47:44 AM12/27/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Go into your project settings and tick the box labelled something like find available port or enter a different port for one of your apps.

Blessed Geek

Dec 27, 2009, 4:47:57 AM12/27/09
to Google Web Toolkit

[ERROR] Unable to bind socket on port 9997 -- is another session
active?
java.net.BindException: Address already in use at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)

Blessed Geek

Dec 27, 2009, 4:52:10 AM12/27/09
to Google Web Toolkit

On Dec 27, 1:47 am, "Paul Grenyer" <paul.gren...@gmail.com> wrote:
Go into your project settings and tick the box labelled something like
find available port or enter a different port for one of your apps.

I don't the answer above applies because ...

This is not about the application context port which I set differently
for all my apps: 8090, 8091, 8092, ...
This question is about the gwt-hosted server port which defaults (or
hard-coded) to 9997.

Blessed Geek

Dec 27, 2009, 6:51:41 AM12/27/09
to Google Web Toolkit