Integration between Datatables and GWT

Asier

Oct 4, 2017, 2:08:46 AM10/4/17
to GWT Users
Hi

Do you know how is the state (if there's any) of the integration between Datatables and GWT.

I haven't find a project like 'gwt-datatables' - all I have found is a post from 2014[1] and integrations in other projects like jqm4gwt, and the table in gwt-material.

[1] https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/21563/how-can-i-use-datatable-in-gwt
[2] https://github.com/jqm4gwt/jqm4gwt

Regards

Rogelio Flores

Oct 4, 2017, 12:28:15 PM10/4/17
to GWT Users
I don't know of any integration with DataTables except that there's GQuery which I seem to remember its author mentioning that it supports plugins with probably some limitations (I use gquery in a production GWT app, but haven't tried running any jquery plugin with it).

On the other hand, have you considered using GWT's DataGrid? It seems to me that everything that DataTables does you can do with a DataGrid.

Slava Pankov

Oct 4, 2017, 1:48:20 PM10/4/17
to GWT Users
Integration of data tables in jqm4gwt is made as plugin, so can be easily extracted and used in your project. It’s stable, I’m using it in huge production project. Though it’s not based on new js interop, but on jsni.

Harald Pehl

Oct 5, 2017, 6:43:40 AM10/5/17
to GWT Users
We're using data tables in HAL.next [1], [2]. It's based on the latest APIs (GWT HEAD-SNAPSHOT, JsInterop, Elemental2). It's not usable on its own, but shouldn't be too hard to extract it (there are only a few dependencies to other modules).

Feel free to take it, adjust it and use it in your project. If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers