Strange eclipse problem

Russ Abbott

Aug 17, 2011, 8:42:31 PM8/17/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to run the MVP Contacts example. (But the same problem occurred in a completely different context.)

I created a Contacts project. But I declared the package as com.google.gwt.samples.contacts.

I then copied the src and war files onto that project. (Other ways of creating the project and then using the Tutorial-Contacts.zip file didn't work.) When I ran it I got this error message in the Console window.

   com.google.gwt.samples.contacts.Contacts
      [ERROR] Unable to find 'com/google/gwt/samples/contacts/Contacts.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
[ERROR] shell failed in doStartup method

My mistake was that I wrote samples instead of sample in the package name.

So I deleted the project and the code and tried again.  Even though I typed the name correctly this time, eclipse still tried to load the wrong file. I even restarted eclipse--and still the same thing happened. Somehow eclipse seems to have become obsessed with my original wrong spelling of samples. How can I get it to forget that?

(As I said, the same thing happened when I did something similar in a different project.)

Thanks.

-- Russ

Jeff Larsen

Aug 17, 2011, 10:20:37 PM8/17/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com, Russ....@gmail.com
Try deleting your run target and have the GPE rebuild them for you.

Russ Abbott

Aug 17, 2011, 11:36:06 PM8/17/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I guess I should have thought of that. It's the only thing that wasn't deleted.  (I assume you mean the run configuration.)

-- Russ

Sudhakar Abraham

Aug 18, 2011, 8:02:17 AM8/18/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Download the MVP Contacts and extract into local drive.
In eclipse IDE, File-->Import-->Existing projects into your
workspace and select your contacts file from your directory. Then
follow the options like like finish, next...

S.Abraham
www.DataStoreGwt.com