IE11

jgindin

Sep 8, 2013, 3:31:54 PM9/8/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm hoping someone can comment on getting full-fledged support for IE11 into GWT 2.6. I seem to remember that Vaadin was taking the lead on this, but the link I had to a Google Doc with the GWT Road Map is now a protected link.

IE 11 support is a **huge** deal for us, and it's due to be out in GA in just over a month...

Thanks in advance for the updates,

Jay

Thomas Broyer

Sep 9, 2013, 4:08:21 AM9/9/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Bad news: IE10 still has no proper support in "trunk" (I think Vaadin will finish it before 2.6 though), even less so IE11… (I wouldn't count on it for 2.6; but if you really need it, please take the plunge and contribute patches: http://www.gwtproject.org/makinggwtbetter.html)
Good news: IE10 and IE11 will both happily load your GWT app using the ie9 permutation if you switch them to the IE9 document mode (using X-UA-Compatible)

David

Sep 9, 2013, 5:16:27 AM9/9/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thomas,

What are the known issues ? We have been running our apps for quite some time on IE10 (build with 2.4.0 and 2.5.1) with nothing really blocking.
Does it hurt that we target IE=edge ? Should we really set IE9 as document version ?

David

Thomas Broyer

Sep 9, 2013, 5:42:20 AM9/9/13

On Monday, September 9, 2013 11:16:27 AM UTC+2, stuckagain wrote:
Thomas,

What are the known issues ? We have been running our apps for quite some time on IE10 (build with 2.4.0 and 2.5.1) with nothing really blocking.
Does it hurt that we target IE=edge ? Should we really set IE9 as document version ?

According to https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=8063, IE10 should work OK with the ie9 permutation in its "IE10 Standards" mode. I think "proper support" here mostly means "new features" (such as TypedArrays and pointer events).

I have no idea what would be needed for IE11 though (but see https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/list?can=2&q=ie11)

jgindin

Sep 9, 2013, 12:04:41 PM9/9/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
The issues noted by Thomas are exactly those which are causing us problems right now, and will impact some of our significant customers / partners.

I'm digging into what exact issues come up once we're able to force the GWT bootstrap process to download the IE9 permutation (instead of the FF permutation, which truly does not work).

Can someone from Vaadin chime in as to the state of the IE 10/11 support will be in GWT 2.6?

Thanks,

Jay