Update Jetty in GWT?

P.G.Taboada

May 29, 2015, 8:47:32 PM5/29/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I read through some comments, issues and code reviews but I am not sure if an updated Jetty will land in GWT 2.8.

What is the current status of Jetty update?

brgds - Papick

david.o...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2015, 2:55:18 AM6/12/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Gerrit Code Review, that uses GWT 2.7, was migrated to Jetty 9.x
last year.

To achieve that and to prevent class collisions between Jetty 8
packaged in gwt-dev.jar and Jetty 9 used by Gerrit, outdated Jetty
was stripped from gwt-dev.jar after fetching it from Central: [1].
codeserver must be adjusted: WebServer.java was forked in Gerrit
project: [2].

Jetty upgrade in GWT wasn't possible last year, because of dependency
on HtmlUnit, that was still using Jetty 8 (Websocket). It was fixed recently
and HtmlUnit 2.16 uses Jetty 9 now.

Next steps:

* Upload the dependencies needed for Jetty 9 and HtmlUnit 2.16 upgrade: [3].
* Review the upgrade change: [4].

Michael Zhou

Feb 10, 2016, 10:21:38 PM2/10/16
to GWT Users
+1, it will be great if GWT 2.8 ships with an updated Jetty.

Ignacio Baca Moreno-Torres

Feb 11, 2016, 1:41:24 AM2/11/16
to GWT Users

https://gwt-review.googlesource.com/#/c/7857/ They are trying to get it done before release. Hope they do! :)