Very slow debugging form IDEA

Kirill Prazdnikov

Sep 23, 2016, 3:23:56 AM9/23/16
to GWT Users
Hi, our team is facing real issue with debugging last days.
For some reason Chrome takes all CPU and JS executes very slowly if IDEA debugger is attached to Chrome JS execution.
It might be many reasons: IDEA updated, Chrome updated, GWT updated, we have started using JsInteop and lambdas, e,t,c

Has any one else face this issue >

Jens

Sep 23, 2016, 4:52:59 AM9/23/16
to GWT Users
Yeah its already for a while that its slow. No idea why, so I debug in Chrome.

But Chrome DevTools have some issues as well (at least for me). With SourceMaps enabled it regularly hangs for a long time when reloading the page in Chrome. So I reload the page, while it recompiles I close DevTools and reopen it, otherwise it tends to lock up. When I disable SourceMaps, page reloading works without issue. Maybe IDEA works better then as well? But without SourceMaps its not really fun nice to debug, even though GWT 2.8 RC2 allows you to pass "-style PRETTY" so the JS isn't obfuscated.

-- J.

Jens

Sep 23, 2016, 4:54:15 AM9/23/16
to GWT Users
Oh and we don't use Java8 yet. We use a GWT version somewhere between 2.7 and 2.8beta1.

I think the issue is more Chrome related.

Paul Stockley

Sep 23, 2016, 8:42:06 AM9/23/16
to GWT Users
A lot of people outside of the GWT community are also complaining that debugging in Chrome is really slow these days.