com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException while using Development Mode

Prashant

Nov 18, 2009, 8:56:31 AM11/18/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am getting following error while trying to access http://localhost:8888/A_Test_App.html?gwt.codesvr=172.16.14.38:51241

Connection received from SonyVaio.mshome.net:51327
   [ERROR] Failed to load module 'a_test_app' from user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3' at SonyVaio.mshome.net:51327
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:225)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader$1.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:155)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:269)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath(ModuleDefLoader.java:127)
at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.loadModule(DevModeBase.java:940)
at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase$UiBrowserWidgetHostImpl.createModuleSpaceHost(DevModeBase.java:97)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:167)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:345)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:192)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

any idea what is wrong?

Thanks

Chris Ramsdale

Nov 18, 2009, 9:43:47 AM11/18/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Prashant,

Would you mind replying back with the case sensitive name of your module? E.g. is it:

a_test_app.gwt.xml or A_Test_App.gwt.xml?

- Chris

Prashant

Nov 18, 2009, 9:49:49 AM11/18/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
it is A_Test_App.gwt.xml

Chris Ramsdale

Nov 18, 2009, 10:04:55 AM11/18/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. The issue is a result of ModuleDefLoader looking for a caseless version of your module name. We're currently looking into a fix. More information can be found on the GWT Contributors Group:

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Prashant <ants...@gmail.com> wrote:
it is A_Test_App.gwt.xml

Open eSignForms

Nov 18, 2009, 8:52:44 PM11/18/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I tried upgrading from 1.7.1 to 2.0RC1 and I must say I'm unhappy
because I am running into this error, too, now.

I tried renaming my gwt.xml file to be all lowercase, but that's not
resolving it.

The exception shown in Eclipse:
[ERROR] Failed to load module 'esfgwt_app' from user agent 'Mozilla/
4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR
2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR
3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)' at david06.home:2245
[...]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

And the Eclipse webapp debug view shows:
17:47:46.053 [ERROR] [esfgwt_app] Unable to find 'esfgwt_app.gwt.xml'
on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a
classpath entry for source?

The file esfgwt_app.gwt.xml is used to compile the code just fine, and
of course is in the WEB-INF/classes location after the build.

Any idea? It seems like such a waste to revert all my Eclipse, etc.
to get back to 1.7.1 now. I'd much prefer to get 2.0RC1 working.

Thanks,
David

Open eSignForms

Nov 18, 2009, 10:01:04 PM11/18/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I should add that I'm only using GWT, not the App Engine, which is
listed on the issues list.

When I create a new google project, the greeting code works and I can
debug it.

But if I then copy over my code from a 1.7.1 project, it continues to
get the error shown above.

Yozons Support on Gmail

Nov 18, 2009, 10:12:56 PM11/18/09
to Google Web Toolkit
One final comment for tonight....

I did a compile and released to my Tomcat test system and it all appears to work fine.  So it seems that the code is building correctly, etc., but I just cannot use the debugger.

Then, I tried again using the Eclipse version for debugging, and while I get the error, I now note that it appears to still work in debug.

It will first tell me to use an URL like:
http://localhost:8888/?gwt.codesvr=192.168.1.3:1563

I enter that, it receives the error mentioned above.

Then I just try:
http://localhost:8888/

And the app comes up, and it appears I can run with debug, etc.  So I guess the error is not fatal.  This is some relief to me since I can get back to work!   I hope whatever the issue is will be fixed, though.  It's odd to be sure.

Open eSignForms

Nov 18, 2009, 11:54:32 PM11/18/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Turns out I lied. The debugger only seems to break in server code and
won't break in client code, most likely because of the module load
failure when using the debug URL generated.

So this appears to be a bug with the 2.0 RC1 debugger in some fashion,
as it relates to Eclipse or the browser plug-ins (though I get the
same error on FF 3.5 or IE 8).