i cant run Web Application Project in eclipse

taha

May 20, 2009, 2:42:57 PM5/20/09
to Google Web Toolkit
i want to create an application with gwt+eclipse+googleAppEngine
i create new project with "Web Application Project button in the
toolbar"
whene i try to run or debug it i recive this messages

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /media/sdb8/
Install/gwt-linux-1.6.4/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so: /media/sdb8/Install/gwt-
linux-1.6.4/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
(Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1778)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:770)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1005)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:132)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:22)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:63)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:54)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:126)
at com.google.gwt.dev.SwtHostedModeBase.<clinit>
(SwtHostedModeBase.java:82)
Could not find the main class: com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode. Program
will exit.

Alex Rudnick

May 20, 2009, 4:33:18 PM5/20/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hey Taha,

It sounds like the problem is that, while GWT comes with a 32-bit
version of SWT, you're using a 64-bit JVM. If you switch to a 32-bit
JVM, then you'll be set! (and in future versions of GWT, once we have
the OOPHM feature, it won't be an issue)

We should probably document this better for GWT.

Hope this helps!
--
Alex Rudnick
swe, gwt, atl

taha

May 21, 2009, 10:00:46 AM5/21/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Thank you very much............

Paweł Prażak

Jun 14, 2009, 3:42:58 AM6/14/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi!

I have the same problem (as anyone with modern system) and 32bit JVM
(with dependencies) is not enough.
You need (names for openSUSE):
- gtk2-32bit
- libgthread-2_0-0-32bit

Try to install libgtk2-32bit.

When 64bit GWT will be available (because having 32bit JVM with 20+
dependencies installed isn't pretty)?

On May 20, 10:33 pm, Alex Rudnick <a...@google.com> wrote:
> Hey Taha,
>
> It sounds like the problem is that, while GWT comes with a 32-bit
> version of SWT, you're using a 64-bit JVM. If you switch to a 32-bit
> JVM, then you'll be set! (and in future versions of GWT, once we have
> the OOPHM feature, it won't be an issue)

Probably I'm missing something or doing something wrong but trunk
(with OOPHM) doesn't work either (at least OOB). How can I use OOPHM
instead of hosted mode?

> We should probably document this better for GWT.

Yes, it should be stated on the download page that it doesn't work
with 64bit JVM.

Thanks.

kojot

Jun 14, 2009, 3:50:33 AM6/14/09
to Google Web Toolkit
forgot to add, mozilla 1.7 also requires libstdc++33-32bit

kojot

Jun 14, 2009, 7:46:09 AM6/14/09
to Google Web Toolkit
> > It sounds like the problem is that, while GWT comes with a 32-bit
> > version of SWT, you're using a 64-bit JVM. If you switch to a 32-bit
> > JVM, then you'll be set! (and in future versions of GWT, once we have
> > the OOPHM feature, it won't be an issue)
>
> Probably I'm missing something or doing something wrong but trunk
> (with OOPHM) doesn't work either (at least OOB). How can I use OOPHM
> instead of hosted mode?

OK, so I've solved it, I've looked around and found this page:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/UsingOOPHM

Now OOPHM works :D

Thanks