GWT + Eclipse doesn't work. Attempted to beginRule: R/, does not match outer scope rule

MaEcTPo

Jan 21, 2010, 8:39:03 AM1/21/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,
I have a trouble with Eclipse and GWT.
My GWT projects don't work. All of them. They compile, but don't run
in hosted mode.
When I start Eclipse I receive popup with error. In eclipse error log
I have this:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempted to beginRule: R/, does
not match outer scope rule: P/MySmartGWT
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:63)
And it is for all gwt projects.

When I run project I receive a link, for example
http://localhost:8888/MySmartGWT2.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.1.1:9997, but
when I open it in FireFox - nothing happens. There are not logs,
errors or something like that.

I use Ubuntu 9.10, Eclipse 3.5, GWT 2.0. In some project I am playing
with SmartGWT. Source control - mercurial.

Best regars,
Oleg.

P.S. I know that my English is not very well, but I am learning it now.

Rajeev Dayal

Jan 22, 2010, 10:54:51 AM1/22/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Can you post the full stack trace?

Also, have you always had this problem, or did you upgrade the plugin (or other plugins) in your Eclipse installation lately?

Are you using any Eclipse plugins for source control?

MaEcTPo

Jan 24, 2010, 2:03:10 PM1/24/10
to Google Web Toolkit
It has been fixed after reboot the system. It is unussual, because I
am using Ubuntu. Maybe, some eclipse plugin (e.g. maven for gwt)
blocked work, althought I close Eclipse and try to use new instalation
of it.

On 22 янв, 17:54, Rajeev Dayal <rda...@google.com> wrote:
> Can you post the full stack trace?
>
> Also, have you always had this problem, or did you upgrade the plugin (or
> other plugins) in your Eclipse installation lately?
>

> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsubs cr...@googlegroups.com>

Silverado

Mar 18, 2010, 10:25:35 AM3/18/10
to Google Web Toolkit
I get the same error when I open my project after installing GWT and
the Eclipse plugin. I use the Seapine Surround SCM source control
plugin from:

http://downloads.seapine.com/pub/eclipse/surround/

Error message:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempted to beginRule: R/, does

not match outer scope rule: P/MyProject

Any recommendations on what to do?

Thank you.

> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsubs­cr...@googlegroups.com>

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at

> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

Rajeev Dayal

Mar 19, 2010, 11:01:20 AM3/19/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
What action were you performing when this happened? Are there any other errors that appear in the error log (Window -> Show View -> Error Log) that appear around the same time?