GWT Material Design

mark kevin ringor

Feb 6, 2015, 12:51:20 AM2/6/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all,

We are a team of GWT Developers to implement the GWT Material Design with the help MaterializeCSS (http://materializecss.com/). We
are doing our best to integrate the Features to be able to integrate inside GWT Applications.

Anyone interested are well appreciated to join us.
We have deployed a demo material here: http://gwt-material.appspot.com/.

Hope you like it.

Regards,
Kevin

Alberto Mancini

Feb 6, 2015, 4:43:09 AM2/6/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,
really a nice demo app.
I am interested in having informations on the project; there exists a public repo ?

I saw you include jquery in your host page: I assume this is required for the framework (http://materializecss.com/) you use but may
be interesting to investigate if we can avoid it when using through gwt.

Thank you,
   Alberto.

marian lux

Feb 6, 2015, 3:12:05 PM2/6/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin,

is the source code available for this material demo?
Really nice work!

THX
-- Marian

mark kevin ringor

Feb 9, 2015, 7:08:14 PM2/9/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I will publish the repo today. Just need to make sure the first release is stable. Do you have any Skype Account so that we can communicate easily and faster. Yes if we can use any alternative on Jquery and other external resources dont hesitate to tell me.

Regards,
Kevin

Nuno Graça

Feb 9, 2015, 9:09:05 PM2/9/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Yes if we can use any alternative on Jquery and other external resources dont hesitate to tell me.

There is gQuery, you can have a look into the presentation from GWT.create. Have a look.

mark kevin ringor

Feb 11, 2015, 12:26:23 AM2/11/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all,

We updated the Documentation Website hosted @ http://www.gwt-material.appspot.com with steps
on how to implement Material Design GWT.

The source code is available here you can check it out:

Waiting for your responses guys on how we can leverage and make this project more easy to embed.

Best Regards,
Kevin

mark kevin ringor

Feb 19, 2015, 1:37:25 AM2/19/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We updated the site and implemented some new Material Widgets:
1. Nav Bar
2. Collapsible
3. DropDown
4. Switches
5. Range
6. Fixed Floating Button with container
7. Cards

Hope you like it guys.

Best Regards,
Kevin

mark kevin ringor

Mar 13, 2015, 12:27:16 AM3/13/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all,

Just have a time to migrate the source code to GitHub today as many of you wants it to be in GitHub.

Here's the link:

Version 15.3.13 Features:
1. Collabsible and Accordion
2. Dropdown Menu
3. Footer
4. Tabs
5. Collections (Dismissable and Avatar)

Next Steps:
I'am planning to use this Material Design UI / UX on gwt-phonegap (https://github.com/dankurka/gwtphonegap
to implement to cross platform mobile devices (Android , IOS, Windows etc.). If you are interested on joining the project don't hesitate to contact me.

Skype: markkevin7979

Best Regards,
Kevin

mark kevin ringor

Mar 25, 2015, 8:05:33 PM3/25/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
i today we updated the GwT Material to be integrated on Phonegap, Good new to everybody the deployment process was a big success on Android Build with Phonegap. Take a look at our side http://gwt-material.appspot.com . See you there We have setup also gitter chat for collaboration.

Note you will those new Features on our Footer navigation.

Warm regards,
Kevin

mark kevin ringor

Mar 25, 2015, 8:08:37 PM3/25/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi today we updated the GwT Material to be integrated on Phonegap, Good news to everyone the deployment process was a big success on Android Build with Phonegap. Take a look at our side http://gwt-material.appspot.com . See you there We have setup also gitter chat for collaboration.

Note you will find those new Features on our Footer navigation.
1. Gitter link
2. Phonegap APK download

Warm regards,
Kevin

David

Mar 25, 2015, 8:31:14 PM3/25/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Is source code available?

mark kevin ringor

Mar 25, 2015, 9:10:59 PM3/25/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

mark kevin ringor

Mar 28, 2015, 4:29:33 PM3/28/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
GWT Phonegap also is added in the repository. You can check it out and play with as Im studying the RPC mechanism of GWT inside phonegap.

Andrei

Mar 29, 2015, 9:47:53 AM3/29/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
RPC is not a good idea for mobile apps. Every change in your code may result in an incompatible serialization policy. This is not a problem for regular web apps - a user can load a new version by simply refreshing a page. It's more of an issue if an app is installed on a mobile device - not all users will update their apps at the same time, so you will have to run multiple versions in parallel to keep serialization policies in sync. A better option is to use a REST API which can often be extended without a need for a mandatory update of all clients.

Bryan Buchanan

Mar 30, 2015, 5:50:12 AM3/30/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Very well done. I've downloaded and built the sample, and it's very impressive. Good work !

Luca Morettoni

Mar 30, 2015, 9:17:54 AM3/30/15
to google-web-toolkit
On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 6:51 AM, mark kevin ringor <kevzl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> We are a team of GWT Developers to implement the GWT Material Design with
> the help MaterializeCSS (http://materializecss.com/). We
> are doing our best to integrate the Features to be able to integrate inside
> GWT Applications.

Looks great! There is any plan to have it in Maven?

--
Luca Morettoni <luca(AT)morettoni.net> | http://www.morettoni.net
http://it.linkedin.com/in/morettoni/ | http://twitter.com/morettoni

jonl

Mar 30, 2015, 9:31:24 AM3/30/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
There are ways to overcome this.

The blunt way, custom field serializers for all of the data models.

The other solution, replace the usage of the serialization policy by overriding the remote servlet base implementation and using some other serialization, but still utilizing the RPC mechanisms.

mark kevin ringor

Apr 12, 2015, 11:15:33 PM4/12/15
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Hi to all we release an early version of GWT Material as of:

Version 15.4.15

  • GWT Material Showcase
    • Parallax
    • Material Weather
    • Login UI
  • Material Collapsible Popout
  • Material Bottom Sheets
  • Side Bar nav fixed with overflow auto on small devices
  • Apache License 2.0 Information Added
  • Donate Button added to support the development of GWT Material
Best Regards,
kevzlou7979

Shadab Gaur

Apr 20, 2016, 8:48:57 PM4/20/16
to GWT Users
Hi Kevin,

I am facing a strange issue in MaterialDesign SideNav bar for FLOAT type.

Step1: I flipped the iPad screen (to test on smaller screen) and clicked on side menu bar and then clicked somewhere else on the screen to hide the menu bar
Step2: Flipped the iPad screen again (to make the screen bigger) and now the Side Nav bar goes disappear automatically and never comes

Same behavior I noticed on google's demo as well. Please refer the following link to test. This side nav also behaving the same as I am facing issue in my application.

Really appreciate if you help to fix this issue.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best Regards,
Shadab