gwt.watchFileChanges

P.G.Taboada

Nov 22, 2016, 7:19:36 AM11/22/16
to GWT Users
Hi there,

I just switched to 2.8 on a major GWT project. I am using Eclipse on MacOS.

As soon as I start running the application, I get a

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

I had a look at the threads using jProfiler and saw that the number of threads during startup increased very quickly.

GWT seems to create a Thread for each file that needs to be "monitored".
As soon as I turn off "watchFileChanges", the application starts in SDM properly.

I managed to get it working by setting

-Dgwt.watchFileChanges=false

in the command line.

It works without "watchFileChanges", but what does it mean for development?

brgds,

Papick