GWT 2.5.1 SplitLayoutPanel draggers and touch screen devices

Whitfield

Apr 4, 2018, 4:23:04 PM4/4/18
to GWT Users
Does anyone know if the draggers for the SplitLayoutPanel can be moved when using a touch screen device such as an iPad or chromebook?  I've discovered in the application I'm working on that the draggers won't move if you try using your finger on a touch screen; other actions like clicking a button work as expected.  I'm wondering if this is the default behavior as I cannot get the draggers to work when I try the SplitLayoutPanel in the GWT Showcase example.

Please note that I do realize 2.5.1 is an old version of GWT, but cannot upgrade the version at this time.

Jim Douglas

Apr 4, 2018, 6:09:57 PM4/4/18
to GWT Users
FWIW, here's my hacked version of SplitLayoutPanel, which does work in iOS Mobile Safari.

You can see it running here:

SplitLayoutPanel.java

Whitfield

Apr 6, 2018, 8:06:45 AM4/6/18
to GWT Users
Thank you for sharing that!    I liked the example you provided in the URL, and will definitely take a further look at the code as soon as I have a moment.  :)