GWT 1.6 in Ubuntu

瀏覽次數:18 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Cliff Newton

未讀,
2009年4月22日 晚上8:35:572009/4/22
收件者:Google Web Toolkit
I recently downloaded the GWT/App Engine Eclipse plugin. I created a
new using the "create new web application project" button on the
toolbar. I named my project and unchecked the option to use google app
engine. I only want to use GWT.

After creating the project I decided to make sure everything was ok
and ran it without making any changes. I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failure while parsing XML
org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException: http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd
at gnu.xml.stream.SAXParserFactory.setFeature(libgcj.so.81)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.parse
(ReflectiveParser.java:307)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.access$100
(ReflectiveParser.java:48)
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser.parse
(ReflectiveParser.java:385)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad
(ModuleDefLoader.java:243)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader$1.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:
155)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule
(ModuleDefLoader.java:269)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath
(ModuleDefLoader.java:127)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.loadModule(HostedModeBase.java:
536)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.loadModule(HostedMode.java:426)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.doStartup(HostedMode.java:351)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.startUp(HostedModeBase.java:585)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.run(HostedModeBase.java:397)
at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.main(HostedMode.java:232)

Please, if you know why this is happening, share any info you may
have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Chimene

未讀,
2009年4月22日 晚上8:39:422009/4/22
收件者:Google-We...@googlegroups.com
On 04/22/2009 05:35 PM, Cliff Newton wrote:
> I recently downloaded the GWT/App Engine Eclipse plugin. I created a
> new using the "create new web application project" button on the
> toolbar. I named my project and unchecked the option to use google app
> engine. I only want to use GWT.
>
> After creating the project I decided to make sure everything was ok
> and ran it without making any changes. I get the following error:
>
> [ERROR] Failure while parsing XML
> org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException: http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd
> at gnu.xml.stream.SAXParserFactory.setFeature(libgcj.so.81)

Looks like you'll have to install a supported Java Runtime. The Gnu Java
that Ubuntu provides doesn't seem to play well w/ GWT.

Vitali Lovich

未讀,
2009年4月22日 晚上9:04:072009/4/22
收件者:Google-We...@googlegroups.com
OpenJDK works fine for me, but I believe you need the trunk.  Otherwise, you need Sun's 1.6.0.7 (not .10) release.

Vitali Lovich

未讀,
2009年4月22日 晚上9:04:442009/4/22
收件者:Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Sorry - disregard that.  That's only for actually building trunk.  Just for development, OpenJDK worked fine as far as I remember.

Jeff Chimene

未讀,
2009年4月22日 晚上9:19:502009/4/22
On 04/22/2009 06:04 PM, Vitali Lovich wrote:
> Sorry - disregard that. That's only for actually building trunk.
> Just for development, OpenJDK worked fine as far as I remember.

OK, but is that what the OP is using as the JDK (not JRE as I originally
wrote)?
Since OpenJDK is essentaily the Sun JDK, why does the stack trace show
libgcj?

Cliff

未讀,
2009年5月13日 上午8:10:252009/5/13
收件者:Google Web Toolkit
I gave up and went back to windows. However, I'm still trying to
figure this out. This is what I did, and it didn't work. In Ubuntu I
used synaptic package manager to install sun java 5. After doing this,
I then issued the following command:

sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-1.5.0-sun

to point to the 1.5 jre.

I tried the project in eclipse again and still got the same error. So,
I tried to go into the project settings and under the "Java Compiler"
section I checked the "Enable project specific settings" checkbox and
selected 1.5 for the "compiler compliance level" option. I then tried
to build the project again and got the same error.

I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any other ideas?

On Apr 22, 8:19 pm, Jeff Chimene <jchim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/22/2009 06:04 PM, Vitali Lovich wrote:
>
> > Sorry - disregard that.  That's only for actually building trunk.
> > Just for development, OpenJDK worked fine as far as I remember.
>
> OK, but is that what the OP is using as the JDK (not JRE as I originally
> wrote)?
> Since OpenJDK is essentaily the Sun JDK, why does the stack trace show
> libgcj?
>

> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Vitali Lovich <vlov...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:vlov...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >     OpenJDK works fine for me, but I believe you need the trunk.
> >     Otherwise, you need Sun's 1.6.0.7 (not .10) release.
>
> >     On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Jeff Chimene <jchim...@gmail.com

Cliff

未讀,
2009年5月13日 上午8:18:022009/5/13
收件者:Google Web Toolkit
Imagine that. Right after posting my previous response I got it to
work. I went back into synaptic package manager, did a search for gcj
and removed EVERYTHING with gcj in it. I then ran eclipse, built my
project, and everything worked. Hooray.

Alyxandor

未讀,
2009年5月13日 上午8:35:012009/5/13
收件者:Google Web Toolkit
sudo apt-get install galternatives

You won't have to use synaptic to remove stuff, you can just change
defaults.

I use the sun binaries for everything gwt; openJDK is nice, but Sun
makes and updates java, so I'll look past it's proprietary-ness just
this once.

Now that you've made the wonderful leap into 'Nix, have you considered
giving VirtualBox a spin? It's not as hard to set up as you'd think,
and it's really quite powerful... Search UbuntuForums.org if you
like, vBox is why I never have to reboot ever. {Micro$oft gives away
free, legal and genuine copies of XP and Vista}. Email me if this
interests you; I'll do anything to take away one more user from Micro
$oft's power base...}

Alyxandor

未讀,
2009年5月13日 上午8:42:172009/5/13
收件者:Google Web Toolkit
I forgot to mention, your life will be much easier if you use Eclipse
Ganymede from eclipse.org, not the repositories. Maybe it's changed
since I made the switch, but the last time I got Eclipse out of the
repo, I got some VERY odd stack traces that amounted to only one
logical answer: Get it from the source!

...Most everything you get in the repos will work {that's why it's
there}, but when it comes to proprietary software or bleeding-edge
stuff, there is no version in the default repos because only stable,
well tested stuff is allowed in there. For example, VirtualBox...
The OSE {Open Source Edition} kind of works, but... it doesn't. Go
get that directly from Sun too. In fact, all of Sun's Open-Source-
Editions have fatal little flaws in them, but then again, so do I.
hahaha.

ANYTHING you need to install, just type the following into google and
press enter:

site:ubuntuforums.org install virtualbox

DON'T GO BACK TO WINDOWS! EVER! ...please?

Dodo

未讀,
2009年5月13日 下午1:40:082009/5/13
收件者:Google Web Toolkit
I successfully use GWT over Eclipse 3.4.2 over ia32-sun-java6-bin over
Kubuntu 9.04 64 bits

On May 13, 3:42 pm, Alyxandor <a.revolution.ultra.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Alyxandor

未讀,
2009年5月14日 清晨6:39:412009/5/14
收件者:Google Web Toolkit
Good to know!

I haven't tried 64 bit since 7.1... Maybe now I'll give it a go.

Do you use any virtual headers? I'm not sure, but I heard they were
still buggy on 64 bit builds...

/Searches

So, it works fine, but vBox just doesn't support 64-bit virtual
machines... No biggy.

...Maybe it's time to finally upgrade. Any other compatibility issues
with 9.04? I'm still not sure it I'm ready to give up my 8.04 LTS...
I generally don't do much more than GWT, vBox, Compiz and RealTime
sound recording.

Long live 'Nix!
回覆所有人
回覆作者