In Hosted mode, GWT Stopped displaying Widgets

Raju

Jul 23, 2009, 8:05:09 PM7/23/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Here's what I did:

From a fresh eclipse 3.4 installation with ECLIPSE plug-in, I have
been working on building an application (using ext-GWT). Everything
was working fine for a couple of days, yesterday the application
stopped rendering Widgets for some inexplicable reason. Additional
observations are as follows.
1) On the same machine, for GWT 1.7, even if I create a fresh dummy
application, the shell
opened and the hosted browser came up, but only the contents of HTML
file displayed, no text boxes, no buttons.
2) On same machine, I still have older version of GWT(1.5), on the
same machine. Same
behavior as above for my existing applications and for a newly created
applications, only rendering HTML, no widgets.
3) On same machine I tried several times re-installing eclipse/GWT, no
avail. Looks like on this machine I can not run GWT application.
4) On a different machine, I installed Eclipse + plugin, everything
works fine, old applications, new applications etc.
5) I tried clearing cookies as suggested by an earlier post (http://
www.mail-archive.com/google-we...@googlegroups.com/msg16364.html),
but it did not help.

Error message on my console is pasted below (Help sincerely
appreciated, Thanks is Advance)

The server is running at http://localhost:1074/
Jul 23, 2009 8:20:22 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
warn
WARNING: handle failed
java.io.IOException: FULL head
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:276)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:
205)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:
381)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run
(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run
(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
Jul 23, 2009 8:20:22 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
warn
WARNING: handle failed
java.io.IOException: FULL head
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:276)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:
205)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:
381)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run
(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run
(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

Help Appreciated, Thanks is Advance

Raju

Raju

Jul 24, 2009, 9:04:46 AM7/24/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I also tried creating & running dummy 'HelloWorld' application out
side of eclipse, it does not work. Looks like I am unable to run any
GWT application on this machine.

On Jul 23, 5:05 pm, Raju <raju.technol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's what I did:
>
> From a fresh eclipse 3.4 installation with ECLIPSE plug-in, I have
> been working on building an application (using ext-GWT). Everything
> was working fine for a couple of days, yesterday the applicationstoppedrenderingWidgetsfor some inexplicable reason. Additional
> observations are as follows.
> 1) On the same machine, forGWT1.7, even if I create a fresh dummy
> application, the shell
> opened and the hosted browser came up, but only the contents of HTML
> file displayed, no text boxes, no buttons.
> 2) On same machine, I still have older version ofGWT(1.5), on the
> same machine. Same
> behavior as above for my existing applications and for a newly created
> applications, only rendering HTML, nowidgets.
> 3) On same machine I tried several times re-installing eclipse/GWT, no
> avail. Looks like on this machine I can not runGWTapplication.
> 4) On a different machine, I installed Eclipse + plugin, everything
> works fine, old applications, new applications etc.
> 5) I tried clearing cookies as suggested by an earlier post (http://www.mail-archive.com/google-we...@googlegroups.com/msg16364.html),
> but it did not help.
>
> Error message on my console is pasted below (Help sincerely
> appreciated, Thanks is Advance)
>
> The server is running athttp://localhost:1074/

Rajeev Dayal

Jul 24, 2009, 10:02:58 AM7/24/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hey Raju,

It definitely sounds cookie related. What OS and Browser are you running with?

Rajeev

Raju

Jul 24, 2009, 6:05:56 PM7/24/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Windows XP, I have IE Firefox & Chrome installed on the machine.

Thanks
> >http://www.mail-archive.com/google-we...@googlegroups.com/msg16...
> > ),
> > > Raju- Hide quoted text -

Lucasi

Jul 30, 2009, 3:33:47 PM7/30/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Raju,

Any progress?

I´m having the same issue using Eclipse 3.4.2 + Jdk 1.6.07 and GWT 1.6

On another machine with the same zipped enviroment eclipse +
workspace... works...

Lucasi