GSS Resource is Default

Ali Jalal

Aug 15, 2016, 1:05:55 PM8/15/16
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been noticed that 'CssResource.enableGss' property default value is 'false' (in 'com/google/gwt/resources/Resources.gwt.xml'), but in GWT 2.8.0-beta1 release note mentioned that 'GSS is no longer considered as experimental and old CssResource is now deprecated.'

I think if GSS is default, then 'CssResource.enableGss' property default value should be set to 'true' (or something like 'GssResource.enabled=true').

Is that correct?

thanks,
Ali.

Julien Dramaix

Aug 15, 2016, 1:38:08 PM8/15/16
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
We took the decision to set 'CssResource.enableGss' to false to provide a smooth transition/migration to GWT 2.8. If we set the value of the property to true, applications that don't migrate to GSS will stop to compile and that could slow down the migration to GWT 2.8