JsInterop @JsExport constructor works when statically compiled, fails under SDM

apr...@tibco.com

Apr 23, 2015, 8:13:49 AM4/23/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Good day GWT Contributors,

JsInterop looks conceptually very promising, just what we need, so thanks for all your hard work!

I've been experimenting with it using a pretty recent (3 days old) self-compiled GWT from github gwt master HEAD (having failed to get anywhere with gwt-2.7.0 and being unable to figure out how to obtain/use a 2.8 snapshot).

I have two simple projects based on the boilerplate GWT project with very similar configuration and @JsType-annotated classes. The first project (gwtexporter.test, so named as I started with gwt-exporter before discovering JsInterop) works in both static web mode and super dev mode, the second project (org.eclipse.example.library.app) only works in static web mode, failing in SDM because @JsExport constructors aren't getting exported. I have attached the two Eclipse projects.

Is this a known problem and is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Adrian Price
TIBCO Software, Inc.
jsinterop-test.zip
Message has been deleted

apr...@tibco.com

Apr 23, 2015, 9:35:16 AM4/23/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Oops. Couple of updates:
  • I omitted to mention that the relevant test scripts can be invoked by clicking the 'Test Parent-Child' button in the first project and the 'Test ParentX-ChildX' button in the second project, invoking the test_parentx_childx() function.
  • I'd inadvertently messed up the test_parentx_childx() script in the second project. To match the current code line 56 of LibraryApp.html should read: var ns = model/*org.eclipse.example.library.app.client.impl*/; // default namespace commented out
--A

Goktug Gokdogan

Apr 24, 2015, 1:42:34 AM4/24/15
to google-web-toolkit-contributors
I'm little bit confused. So does it work with regular compile (without SDM) or not? If it doesn't work with regular compile, can you send us GwtTestCase that reproduces the problem?

apr...@tibco.com

Apr 24, 2015, 3:22:14 AM4/24/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
The first project works with regular compile and SDM. The second project works with regular compile but not SDM.