Newer gwt-maven-plugin than 2.8.0-beta1 ?

David Becker

May 2, 2016, 8:09:56 PM5/2/16
to GWT Contributors
Is there a newer gwt-maven-plugin than 2.8.0-beta1 that should be used with GWT 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT?  I want to try out the latest snapshots to keep abreast of the current status-quo, but I'm getting red highlights on JRE Emulation in IntelliJ that I don't get if I use GWT 2.8.0-beta1 with the plugin.  If there is a newer plugin, where would I find it?  I tried many different URLs I found by searching, but they're all old and none seem find a 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT for gwt-maven-plugin.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thomas Broyer

May 3, 2016, 4:44:06 AM5/3/16
to GWT Contributors

On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 2:09:56 AM UTC+2, David Becker wrote:
Is there a newer gwt-maven-plugin than 2.8.0-beta1 that should be used with GWT 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT?  I want to try out the latest snapshots to keep abreast of the current status-quo, but I'm getting red highlights on JRE Emulation in IntelliJ that I don't get if I use GWT 2.8.0-beta1 with the plugin.  If there is a newer plugin, where would I find it?  I tried many different URLs I found by searching, but they're all old and none seem find a 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT for gwt-maven-plugin.

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you're not familiar with it, the repo URL is https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/
But maybe you can keep the 2.8.0-beta1 plugin and only override the GWT SDK dependencies: https://gwt-maven-plugin.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/using-different-gwt-sdk-version.html

(or you may want to try https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/ which works independently of the GWT version; totally different approach though)

David Becker

May 3, 2016, 11:46:02 AM5/3/16
to GWT Contributors
Thank you, Thomas!  I swear I tried that repo and it couldn't find the plugin snapshot, but I've got it going now.  I'm still getting the JRE Emulation warning (on java.util.String no less) in IntelliJ though.  :(  But, that doesn't keep it from working.  I thought maybe there was a dependency there because it didn't do that when both the plugin and GWT were on 2.8.0-beta1, but perhaps it's really an issue with the GWT snapshot.  Being a snapshot, that's always a possibility of course.  :)

Thanks for your help!

Kay Pac

Jul 23, 2016, 1:20:39 AM7/23/16
to GWT Contributors
Oh sweet I didn't know there was a different maven GWT plugin. I mean Maven Plugin for GWT. ;-) It will take me a bit to process this radical life change, but I hope to get some hands on experience with it soon. Thanks so much Thomas!!