GWT as OSGI plug-ins

Ahmad Bawaneh

Nov 8, 2015, 3:47:37 PM11/8/15
to GWT Contributors
Hi,
I am new here and i am not sure if this is the right place for this, but i have made a new design model using the MVP model to simulate OSGI plug-ins for client side GWT code, and i was able to deploy my work inside and OSGI container - i used KARAF. i was able to write my application as a set of plugins - containing both client and server side code - and define extension points for my application in which others can write new plugins to contribute to the application through these extension points, its some how like the developing eclipse plugins. my work was a huge success i guess.
what i want to know is how and what is the right way to make my work reach the interested people and make it reach the world and the big guys watching over the GWT project?!.

Sorry if i cant send the message in a better clear way.

and thank you all by advance.

Jens

Nov 8, 2015, 6:49:18 PM11/8/15
to GWT Contributors
Usually people publish their library/framework on Github along with some examples/demos and then post it on gwt-users [1] and on G+ [2].

Cristian Rinaldi

Nov 8, 2015, 9:00:27 PM11/8/15
to GWT Contributors
Hey Ahmad Bawaneh,

Currently I'm working on a modular platform based on OSGI on Karaf.
We have implemented a pattern "Turducken" with a common EventBus for communication between clients modules.
Each module contains a definition that is sent from the server, and through these communication mechanisms, the necessary scripts and other things are loaded.
The idea of the platform is to support more client modules: "Angular and GWT", but, the core client written in GWT and expose API with JsInterop.
The project is very large, if you want we can discuss some ideas.
My general idea is to free the platform when the platform is stable.
Message has been deleted

Ahmad Bawaneh

Dec 22, 2015, 8:57:36 AM12/22/15
to GWT Contributors
My engine does not provide ports for other platforms other than GWT yet, my focus was on providing the extension points concept to the client side code, which allow a team or a developer to contribute to another project/plugin by building a separate project and follow the OSGI specs, at the end all modules/project are combined and compiled as one unit at run-time. so i think a merge in the future between what i did and what u did could be awesome.

Ahmad Bawaneh

Dec 22, 2015, 8:57:57 AM12/22/15
to GWT Contributors
Thank you very much for directing me.

Ahmad Bawaneh

Dec 22, 2015, 8:59:18 AM12/22/15
to GWT Contributors
once i add my work to github ill post it here.