Help testing the GWT 2.8 release

Daniel Kurka

Nov 2, 2015, 3:14:07 PM11/2/15
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

the GWT team needs help testing the GWT 2.8.1-beta1 release. As always, before we publicize the release we are doing a bunch of DOA (dead on arrival tests) before we open the release to the broader community.

Platforms that need testing:
  • Chrome (Linux or mac),
  • Window IE11,
  • Windows IE8
  • Window IE9
  • OSX safari
  • Firefox (Linux or mac)
We should have either chrome on mac and firefox on linux or the other way around.

If you are interested in helping to test the release send me an email and I'll share details with you!

-Daniel

Brandon Donnelson

Nov 9, 2015, 5:19:24 PM11/9/15
to GWT Contributors
I can help, send me the instructions.

stuckagain

Nov 10, 2015, 5:04:41 AM11/10/15
to GWT Contributors
Hi Daniel,

I can help testing a bit on OSX Safari/Chrome/FireFox.

If those tests are also possible disconnected from the internet I could also try on Win7/IE11/Chrome/FireFox.

PS: How is Singular coming along ? I'm still waiting anxiously for a first release (even unstable) to play with it.

David

Petrică Clement Chiriac

Nov 10, 2015, 6:40:51 AM11/10/15
to GWT Contributors
Daniel is GWT 2.8.1-beta1 or GWT 2.8.0-beta1 ?

Thanks,
Petrica Chiriac

Brandon Donnelson

Nov 10, 2015, 10:18:44 AM11/10/15
to GWT Contributors
@stuckagain, contact Colin for getting signed up to test one of the OSes.

@Petrica it will be GWT 2.8.0-beta1

Brandon Donnelson

Nov 30, 2015, 9:31:59 PM11/30/15
to GWT Contributors
Regards to testing, I've added a patch to help with importing the samples or web application project into Eclipse.

Problem:
- running ant eclipse.generate on the samples does not create a .project file with the GWT nature enabled.

Solution:
This adds the GWT nature to the Eclipse .project file so importing a GWT project will automatically be set up.
Brandon