GWT 2.8.0 SNAPSHOT fails to compile

Sri Harsha Chilakapati

Jul 22, 2016, 9:02:04 AM7/22/16
to GWT Contributors
I have been using GWT 2.8.0 Beta 1 till now, and my application is being compiled successfully. But with the snapshot I'm getting a error. It is here.

~~~Java
Jul 22, 2016 1:42:21 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
            [ERROR] Unable to find 'javaemul/internal/Internal.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
~~~

To check that, I have myself opened up the GWT JAR files, and in the `gwt-user.jar` file, I found that there are no source files in the `javaemul\internal` folder. While the GWT compiler expects the source files, there are `.class` files here source files and also the GWT module definition.

Any pointers are well appreciated.

Thomas Broyer

Jul 22, 2016, 9:08:16 AM7/22/16
to GWT Contributors
If you see Emulation inheriting Internal, then it means you still have, somehow, gwt-user 2.8.0-beta1 in your classpath, along with gwt-dev 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT; because javaemul.internal was moved to super-source inside com.google.gwt.emul at some point after beta1 and the <inherit> removed, but javaemul/internal/Internal.gwt.xml used to live in gwt-dev: https://github.com/gwtproject/gwt/commit/f1381cabb4ea19e4ff5f77bc7796c28cde4f24e8#diff-2d3f8d0ce06b7037335b03f6ee4c043b

Sri Harsha Chilakapati

Jul 22, 2016, 9:36:59 AM7/22/16
to GWT Contributors
Yes obviously, I forgot, I just updated the version in the gwt config block, but still compiling with gwt-user and gwt-dev of beta 1. Thanks!

Kirill Prazdnikov

Jul 22, 2016, 10:51:13 AM7/22/16
to GWT Contributors

If you see Emulation inheriting Internal, then it means you still have, somehow, gwt-user 2.8.0-beta1 in your classpath, along with gwt-dev 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT;

Hi Thomas,

I compile my app with 2.8-SNAPSHOT (by maven), and I don`t have beta1 anywhere mentioned in my configuration.
However, the build still getting the beta1 despite I don`t need it :

[INFO] --- gwt-maven-plugin:2.8.0-SNAPSHOT:resources (default) @ scene-graph-test ---

Any idea why it happens ?

Thanks

Thomas Broyer

Jul 22, 2016, 10:55:53 AM7/22/16
to GWT Contributors
Because the org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:2.8.0-SNAPSHOT current depends on GWT 2.8.0-beta1 (this is because the last build on Travis-CI, for the commit that switched back to 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT, failed [1] so it didn't deploy a new snapshot); you'll have to use [2] to force the use of 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT (but that might break your build, depending on what failed the build on Travis-CI)