GWT 2.8.0 RC2 is here!

Daniel Kurka

Aug 11, 2016, 9:19:03 PM8/11/16
to GWT Contributors
Hi all,

I just build the GWT 2.8.0 RC2 and pushed it to maven central. The complete SDK is also available from here.

Please start testing and let us know if you run into any trouble and file bugs.

We are planing to release this as GWT 2.8.0 if we do not here about any serious issues within the next two weeks. The release notes for RC2 will be made available shortly after this notice, in the mean time you can take a look at the github repository.

Daniel,
on behalf of the GWT team

Andrei Preda

Aug 12, 2016, 3:49:05 AM8/12/16
to GWT Contributors
Thank you for the RC2.
Everything compiled perfectly with it, after some minor maven changes.

István Horváth

Aug 13, 2016, 9:17:52 AM8/13/16
to GWT Contributors
/OFFTOPIC: s/here/hear/g ;)

99Sono

Aug 14, 2016, 10:09:31 PM8/14/16
to GWT Contributors
Those are great news!

Finally the chapter of always consuming snapshots can come to an end!
More stable release candidates are a preferable way going forward, than cyclones of years without any sort of release.

Many thanks with a big smile.

Hitesh Kumar

Sep 28, 2016, 7:41:40 AM9/28/16
to GWT Contributors
Is there an ETA on GWT 2.8.0 release?

Goktug Gokdogan

Sep 28, 2016, 1:01:25 PM9/28/16
to google-web-toolkit-contributors
We are doing a last minute fix. Next RC should be ready very soon and if no major issues it will be called final release around 2-3 weeks.