Error Bars and Spreadsheets

Nicholas Sauer

Feb 8, 2014, 1:17:05 PM2/8/14
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm using google drive/spreadsheets and the built-in chart editor to generate a line chart.

The problem is that I can't find a way to set unique values for each error bar. Error bars are configurable under "Advanced Settings"->Customize. I can set them to be None, Constant or Percent. But what I want is to have them rendered using stdev data that I've calculated on my spreadsheet.

So, my questions are:
1. How can I customize error bars on a line chart in google docs using spreadsheet data?

or, if not possible:
2. Is it possible to use the charts API to customize the error bars in the script generated from Publishing in the Spreadsheet chart?

Thanks in advance
-nick

Kirsten Knapton

Sep 18, 2014, 7:50:39 PM9/18/14
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Error bars using stdev data would be very useful for me as well, and I wonder if there is any progress on this functionality? Thank you in advance!

Noel Pauller

Oct 1, 2015, 6:41:29 PM10/1/15
to Google Visualization API
I also wish the Google would add this feature to Sheets.

Alicja Zen...

Jun 27, 2016, 6:50:01 AM6/27/16
to Google Visualization API
Has there been any progress made on this, Google? It's been quite a while since it was requested....

David S.

Jul 4, 2016, 2:16:24 PM7/4/16
to Google Visualization API
I also asked for that option about an year ago, but unfortunately W/O any progress.
I think that option is very important to me and people  that are using google sheets for statistical data analysis.

So, in case someone has any information please share with us.

Thanks.

Edna Magdalena Hernández González

Mar 24, 2017, 2:11:58 PM3/24/17
to Google Visualization API

I also need this feature. Please add it!!

Phil Hayes

Jul 20, 2017, 11:57:57 AM7/20/17
to Google Visualization API
+1

Manuel Cáceres

Aug 21, 2017, 2:48:15 PM8/21/17
to Google Visualization API
+1 !

David S.

Sep 5, 2017, 9:29:19 AM9/5/17
to Google Visualization API
+1

Periodic Player

Oct 24, 2017, 12:16:59 PM10/24/17
to Google Visualization API
+ a lot of Science students...

Sarah Gripshover

Dec 31, 2017, 3:23:29 PM12/31/17
to Google Visualization API
+ Every sane human.

MrsWhitson

Jan 20, 2018, 12:22:03 PM1/20/18
to Google Visualization API
+1 +about 120 for all of my students.  :-(  The world needs statistical literacy!!  Error bars like the ones we have in Google Sheets now move us backwards from that goal!!!

FixerUpper

Apr 24, 2018, 10:04:22 PM4/24/18
to Google Visualization API

U guys tryin to do this?

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

ashton wilson

May 23, 2018, 7:25:03 PM5/23/18
to Google Visualization API

Agreed, this is the only workaround I have found and it is sad.