How To Begin?

Shreyansh Jain

Sep 3, 2016, 12:34:37 PM9/3/16
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
I am a Second Year IT Student and really want to Join this,I did Know C Programming Language.I want to Know Which tools do I need to learn i.e. Java or Python or something else to become part of GOOGLE SUMMER OF CODE in near Future.And on which track do I will need to move from now to begin this Journey

Ayush Pandey

Sep 3, 2016, 5:29:21 PM9/3/16
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shreyansh,
Different organizations have different requirements in terms of programming language. Learning basics of tools like git is an added advantage. The first thing you should do is to identify the organizations that interest you. The list of the organizations that participated in 2016 can be found here https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/. The past trend is that there are few additions of new organization and similarly removal of the old ones. But anyway it would be great experience contributing to them.
All the best :)

Yours Sincerely,
Ayush Pandey
ayush-iitkgp.github.io/