Google summer of code 2018

Vaishali Lambe

Nov 14, 2017, 6:03:04 AM11/14/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi Team,

I am a  Graduate student at Northestern University, Boston. Persuing my masters in CS with Data science focuswork.
Is it possible to provide list of subjects for project proposals?
For students till what time they can submit proposal.

Please provide some insights.

Thank you.

regards,
Vaishali

Stephanie Taylor

Nov 14, 2017, 6:21:10 AM11/14/17
to Google Summer of Code
Each selected organization will have a list of their project ideas that they would like students to work on during GSoC 2018. You will write your proposal based on one of those ideas.

The organizations will not be chosen until February, at that point their project ideas will be on the website.

- Google Code-in, our contest introducing 13-17 year old pre-university students to open source development, begins Tuesday, November 28th. Please visit the contest site at g.co/gci for more information.

 Stephanie Taylor
 Open Source Programs, Google

Nilesh Gulia

Nov 30, 2017, 12:52:29 PM11/30/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hello ,
I am nilesh 2nd yr student (CSE) at SMVDU jammu .How can i find participating organisations in gsoc 2018 before the application period . I want to contribute to them earlier.

Google Summer of Code Support

Nov 30, 2017, 1:20:41 PM11/30/17
to Google Summer of Code
The organizations for GSoC 2018 will be announced on February 12th. At that point you should start looking into which org(s) you may wish to apply to.

Best,
Stephanie

Nilesh Gulia

Nov 30, 2017, 2:15:19 PM11/30/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
thank you Stephanie

Ayushya Chitransh

Dec 3, 2017, 7:17:00 PM12/3/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
You may look in the list of orgs that participated this year. Most likely they would participate next year too.

Nilesh Gulia

Dec 4, 2017, 12:50:23 AM12/4/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
yeah, I have observed that many new orgs have came from year 2016 to year 2017 .so there is a  great chance of new orgs coming in this year.

Indra Bhan Singh Patel

Dec 24, 2017, 2:23:56 PM12/24/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
From when we can start contributing for organisation

Nilesh Gulia

Dec 24, 2017, 11:15:40 PM12/24/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Well, it always good to start early .you can right away choose an organisation and start contributing to the community.Selected organisation list will be displayed in february ,you can choose one of them

pat.re...@freeukgenealogy.org.uk

Dec 30, 2017, 10:06:50 PM12/30/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hello Nilesh (and everyone)

Free UK Genealogy is hoping to be one of the new organisations for 2018.  I've just written a blog post about how to get involved with open source in general, and particularly with us https://www.freeukgenealogy.org.uk/news/2017/12/30/how-to-get-involved-with-open-source/

I hope that it will help everyone interested in Summer of Code to find a project (or projects) where they can make a contribution right now.

Season's greetings to you all,

Pat

Pat Reynolds
Executive Director, Free UK Genealogy