Multiple Proposals submitted, did we get to choose the proposal?

Shaz

Apr 11, 2017, 2:01:13 PM4/11/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hello everyone,

I have submitted more than one proposal at GSoC. Let's say in the order, 1. The First Proposal and 2. Second Proposal. If I get the project approved for more than one proposal is it the order wise or I do get to select any one of them?
And the announcement of the project occurs at May 4 so, do one have to decide it prior that or after community bonding period. Kindly, guide me.

Thanks,
Shaz

Aymen B.S

Apr 11, 2017, 2:05:45 PM4/11/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Organizations will decide with Google how to distribute selectees.

Stephanie Taylor

Apr 11, 2017, 3:22:53 PM4/11/17
to Google Summer of Code
Google does not get involved in these discussions.

Remember, this rarely happens - usually it will happen to one or maybe two students a year.

The organization that selects the student first gets the student. However if another organization also wants that student they can talk to the first organization and the two orgs can discuss which would be a better fit for the student.

 Stephanie Taylor
 Open Source Programs, Google