Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Ram G Athreya

da leggere,
31 mar 2017, 14:58:1531/03/17
a Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi

I just joined a Masters Program in the US this Spring semester and I am working on getting a work authorization during the GSoC coding period. But just in case I am not able to can I work on the program from India during the summer?

Thanks
Ram G Athreya

Josh Simmons

da leggere,
31 mar 2017, 15:28:2731/03/17
a google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, if you have authorization to work in India you can participate in Google Summer of Code from there.

Best,
Josh

Josh Simmons

Open Source Programs | San Francisco, CA

Ram G Athreya

da leggere,
1 apr 2017, 17:39:4101/04/17
a Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi Josh

Just to confirm could I work from India if I am studying in an American University? Would I have to produce any tax forms related to the US (such as W-4) and submit to the IRS or would it be Indian forms instead?

Thanks
Ram G Athreya

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Ram G Athreya <ramg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I just joined a Masters Program in the US this Spring semester and I am working on getting a work authorization during the GSoC coding period. But just in case I am not able to can I work on the program from India during the summer?

Thanks
Ram G Athreya

Stephanie Taylor

da leggere,
1 apr 2017, 17:44:0401/04/17
a Google Summer of Code
You need to figure out with your school what your options are.

We will not give you advice on your tax implications.

Google Summer of Code 2017, is a program where university students spend their 3 month summer break coding on an open source project. Visit g.co/gsoc for more information. The student application period opens on March 20th. Coding begins May 30th.

 Stephanie Taylor
 Open Source Programs, Google

Ram G Athreya

da leggere,
1 apr 2017, 21:03:0301/04/17
a Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi Stephanie

I perfectly understand. I would like to know if I work from India as an Indian then would I need to submit any American paperwork or would Indian paperwork suffice when I register with Payoneer. There is nothing clearly mentioned in this regard in the website.

Any help regarding the process in Payoneer registration would really help me out here in speaking with my University.

Thanks
Ram G Athreya

Stephanie Taylor

da leggere,
2 apr 2017, 03:26:0702/04/17
a Google Summer of Code
Hello,

I perfectly understand. I would like to know if I work from India as an Indian then would I need to submit any American paperwork or would Indian paperwork suffice when I register with Payoneer. There is nothing clearly mentioned in this regard in the website.

If you are on a visa in the US then you will have specific restrictions and you need to talk to your university about if you can work and discuss with them the dates of the program and when you would be coding.

Azza Ahmed

da leggere,
3 apr 2017, 10:37:1203/04/17
a Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi,

I would also like to raise a similar issue. I'm from Sudan and work there, and just this January 2017, the US has lifted its sanctions on the country, allowing services like Oracle to be finally accessible at ease. Yet, we are not on the list of Eligible countries for GSoC.

I understand that this means I can't submit my proposal and participate in this round of GSoC, but it would be great if the opportunity is open for the next time around.

Thank you,
Azza

Stephanie Taylor

da leggere,
3 apr 2017, 10:40:1203/04/17
a Google Summer of Code
We have to go by the list given to us when the Rules are published. Should all sanctions be lifted for Sudan before the next program we would love to remove Sudan from the Restricted countries list. It all depends on what we are told by the legal team.
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi