Google 2017 gsoc

Joydeep Gill

Jan 2, 2017, 4:48:52 PM1/2/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi ! I would like to participate in the google 2017 gsoc , however , my school has a mandatory co-op requirement for my program, which requires me to have a full-time job for 4 months.  My first co-op term will take place in the summer of 2017 . I was wondering if there is any rule against participating in the gsoc if I have a job .

gsoc-s...@google.com

Jan 3, 2017, 1:27:57 PM1/3/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joydeep-

Google Summer of Code is a very rigorous program and you cannot have a job during the coding period (June-August). Students can expect to work on their GSoC project for 40 hours a week.

On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Joydeep Gill <joyyde...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi ! I would like to participate in the google 2017 gsoc , however , my school has a mandatory co-op requirement for my program, which requires me to have a full-time job for 4 months.  My first co-op term will take place in the summer of 2017 . I was wondering if there is any rule against participating in the gsoc if I have a job .

Yevhenii Babichenko

Jan 3, 2017, 3:23:23 PM1/3/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
There is no such a rule, but keep in mind that a GSoC project may consume really a lot of time. For example, the tutorial says that GSoC is a full-time job with 40 hours working week.