gsoc 2017 eligibility

Hasara Silva

Feb 8, 2017, 12:56:12 PM2/8/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
How many times can one be selected to gsoc ?

Stephanie Taylor

Feb 8, 2017, 2:26:51 PM2/8/17
to Google Summer of Code
Hello,

How many times can one be selected to gsoc ?

Please read the GSoC Program Rules and FAQs.

As stated in the FAQ question regarding student eligibility:
  • You must be at least 18 years of age
  • You must currently be a full or part-time student (or have been accepted for the fall term) at an accrediteduniversity as of the student acceptance date
  • You must be eligible to work in the country you will reside in during the program
  • You have not already been accepted as a Student in GSoC more than once
  • You must reside in a country that is not currently embargoed by the United States. See Program Rules for more information.

Vijay Barve

Feb 8, 2017, 3:04:54 PM2/8/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This statement is bit confusing to me

  • You have not already been accepted as a Student in GSoC more than once
Does this mean a student can participate two times or only once?

Regards,

Vijay

---
Vijay Barve
http://vijaybarve.net/
---

Stephanie Taylor

Feb 8, 2017, 3:07:41 PM2/8/17
to Google Summer of Code
You can not participate if you were accepted more than one time (that means two times, three times, four times, etc.)

If you were only accepted 1 time and you meet all of the other eligibility requirements then you can apply again.

Google Summer of Code 2017, is a program where university students spend their 3 month summer break coding on an open source project. Visit g.co/gsoc for more information. The student application period opens on March 20th. Coding begins May 30th.

 Stephanie Taylor
 Open Source Programs, Google

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 9:03 PM, Vijay Barve <vijay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

This statement is bit confusing to me

  • You have not already been accepted as a Student in GSoC more than once
Does this mean a student can participate two times or only once?

Regards,

Vijay

pratik dhanave

Jul 27, 2017, 2:05:44 PM7/27/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi Stephanie,
   that means we can get selected two time for Google summer of code.

regards,
Pratik Dhanave
To post to this group, send email to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com.

--
---
Vijay Barve

Stephanie Taylor

Jul 27, 2017, 2:06:23 PM7/27/17
to Google Summer of Code
Yes, exactly. A total of 2 times.

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 1:37:41 AM UTC+5:30, Stephanie wrote:
[...]

To post to this group, send email to google-summer-of-code-discuss@googlegroups.com.

Parth Sharma

Aug 15, 2017, 1:23:20 AM8/15/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss

What is the period of time when Accepted Students list is announced. I will graduate in June 2018. Will I be able to participate in GSOC 2018?

  • You must currently be a full or part-time student (or have been accepted for the fall term) at an accredited university as of the student acceptance date

Josh Simmons

Aug 15, 2017, 12:21:39 PM8/15/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Parth,

Accepted students have been announced in late April and early May the last two years. Given that timing and the rule you've highlighted, you would, indeed, be eligible to participate in Google Summer of Code 2018.

Best,
Josh

Josh Simmons | Google Open Source | joshua...@google.com | 415-736-8264

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Parth Sharma <parth....@gmail.com> wrote:

What is the period of time when Accepted Students list is announced. I will graduate in June 2018. Will I be able to participate in GSOC 2018?

  • You must currently be a full or part-time student (or have been accepted for the fall term) at an accredited university as of the student acceptance date

Vijay Barve

Aug 15, 2017, 6:50:28 PM8/15/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This will give you idea about whole timeline. https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline  Actual dates may differ every year. Usually the date of announcement you have to be a full time student to qualify for that year.

Regards,

Vijay