Reg: Facility to see selected students by their names

Vishwajeet Srivastava

Apr 22, 2016, 7:56:13 PM4/22/16
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am Vishwajeet from India, a google summer of code student this summer with mifos initiative. I just wanted to ask why this year we have not get the opportunity to see list of students by their name only like the previous years. Till now we can only search by their usernames. It would be great if we can find by student's name as well.

Regards,
Vishwajeet Srivastava
B.Tech, Pre-Final (Computer Science and Engineering)
The LNM Institute of Information Technology

Sent with MailTrack

Stephanie Taylor

Apr 22, 2016, 8:00:07 PM4/22/16
to Google Summer of Code
Hello,

I am Vishwajeet from India, a google summer of code student this summer with mifos initiative. I just wanted to ask why this year we have not get the opportunity to see list of students by their name only like the previous years. Till now we can only search by their usernames. It would be great if we can find by student's name as well.

You could only search by their display names previously as well. Many people use their actual name for their display name but if you go back and look at last year's program you'll see some names are not actual names either. When students registered the display name field clearly said this is what will be shown publicly on the site, it is the name the student chose to display to the world.

Best,
Stephanie

Vishwajeet Srivastava

Apr 22, 2016, 9:16:45 PM4/22/16